Soooooooooo happy to have discovered Second Life!! ^_^

Hoppimike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hoppimike wrote:

And what about the furries?
:)

http://www.slarf.org - reviews of furry avatars. You'll see a lot of them look really nice. That website has reviews from about 2/3rds of the makers of furry avatars. So... get out there and you'll find the other third are also quite nice (and if you can write, the owner of slarf is looking to get everything reviewed, but he can't do it alone).

The people who use furries run the full range of personality types and the full range of activities in SL. There are G-rated furry hangouts where folks talk about life, video games, or music, and there are 'yiff sims' dedicated to XXX. But just to confuse, a few very popular dance and chat hangouts with no XXX have 'yiff' in their names. :P

A good place to start learning about furries is 'luskwood'. Luskwood is a G-rated venue that first brought furry to SL. In fact, they are the first people to bring prim attachment customizing to SL, and may or may not be the oldest still operating successful SL community. But you kinda have to like video games to hang out there... its all people there seem to talk about so I tend to get bored when I drop in.

They'll accept you coming on a human avatar, and even be welcoming. But if you get hostile about them being furries expect to be banned and 'reported'.

Hoppimike wrote:

haha yes I considered making one for that purpose too!

However... I do enjoy the company of furries, but I prefer the human hang-out spots as... I prefer being a human lol
^_^

Furries are in general very welcoming and open to all kind of avatars (Rules with a long list about whats not allowed are more often to find on human hang-outs). You are always welcome to visit as a human, elf...or as a tiny robot :catvery-happy:

I'm in between places of interest at the moment, so I guess my preference is my own SL Home until I find something new to grab me.

I live a few blocks from the pacific ocean in RL, so beaches don't grab me the way they grab so many in SL. To me a beach is a cold and foggy place with shark infested water and foolish tourists who thought California was all like Baywatch. :P

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I'm in between places of interest at the moment, so I guess my preference is my own SL Home until I find something new to grab me.

I live a few blocks from the pacific ocean in RL, so beaches don't grab me the way they grab so many in SL. To me a beach is a cold and foggy place with shark infested water and foolish tourists who thought California was all like Baywatch.
:P

WHAT? - Is that where all these bermuda short clad tourists came from?

I do love it here in Hunntington Beach & Newport & Laguna, Fog, Marine Layer and everything else as well.

[ posted from my phone from the iHOP on Main street, HB ]

hehe... I have lived near a lot of beaches here in the UK too though and... I mean, they don't compare to an Ibiza or Hawaii beach, do they? :)

So... California isn't that great for them?

I am very curious as to what the real life equivalents to Beachwood would be.

Perhaps Ibiza or Cali?

EDIT -- Oh, apparently places like Miami are better for them than Cali. Didn't know that! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.