How do I change the attachment point of of items linked to an Invisiprim ?

TishWolfsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a mesh necklace and pendant that are fp templates I bought.

I linked them together and wore them and they attached to my neck just fine.

My problem arises when I then add my invisiprim to them and link to that to show me as the creator of the item.

When I wear the finished article it attaches to my right hand.  :(

I obviously want it to attach to the neck automatically when my customers wear it, but I don't know how to achieve that with the invisiprim as the root prim.

Hope somebody can help, thanks.

4 answers to this question

Firstly:-

You shouldn't be using Invisi-Prims. They do not work reliably in Second Life any more and I would advise heavily against using them in new creations.

With the Advanced Lighting Model engine, Invisi-Prims do not intersect/remove parts of the avatar (they do nothing). This lighting model has now been in Second Life for a while.

Use Alpha Layers instead.

Secondly:-

You can change the attachment point by Right-clicking the item in your inventory (when not worn), then mouseover Attach To and select a new attachment point.

I don't think you mean "invisiprim."

An invisiprim is a prim that contains a script that causes it to not only appear invisible, but also to mask any portion of the avatar body it covers.  Invisiprims used to be widely used in shoes to mask the soles of the avatar foot mesh.  However, they don't work under the advanced lighting model used in our current viewers.

I think what you meant was "transparent prim"...a prim with a 100% transparent texture applied to make it invisible.  Such prims are often used as the root prim of a linkset, especially for jewelry or hair. (I have one that's the root of my mesh eyelashes, and it's located on my nose.  If anyone has transparent textures turned on, I look like Bozo the Clown!)

The right hand is the default attachment point for anything.  But you can specify an attachment point by right clicking the item in your inventory and choosing Attach To.... and then selecting the desired point.  You will then, most likely, have to edit it into proper position.

When you take it off, it will remember its last attachment point and positioning.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.