Has the sim hand-off processing been changed in the client viewer(s)?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the past, the viewer would maintain the last direction and velocity of avatars or objects exiting a sim until the receiving sim took posession and project them into the destination sim using the local client surrounding data.

This creates the familiar "rubberbanding" effect where the object would jump back to its correct location when the receiver took posession, which would be minimal for a fast transfer but quite dramatic on a delayed hand-off.

Recently I noticed a change. 

On a percentage of sim crossings my avatar would hit an invisible brick wall at the sim crossing and bounce back about 5m.  Flying or walking across the boundary was impossible but eventually it succeeded.  It "appears" as though crossing is being prevented in the client until the new server is ready to accept the avatar or object.

Does anyone know if this is an upcomimg change or in beta testing?  It is causing me some serious related problems.

EDIT.  It appears my suspicions were correct, I notice a notification message popping up "Unable to create pending connection".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.