Covering up my avatar's hair base?

Hoppimike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I basically just want him to be bald underneath his attachment hair, so no hair base. At the moment he has short ginger hair underneath his long brown hair which looks a bit odd!

I heard I could get a bald cap or something? Or perhaps I could edit the texture manually? Sucks to be a noob, lol

Thanks,

Mike :)

If by hairbase you mean in the skin - you need to get a different skin.

If by hairbase you mean the defaul 'system hair' from 2003... then you edit your 'hair / brows' file and set all the volume dials to 0, and change its texture to the 'default transparent' texture found in the library (I recommend this one every any other transparencies as EVERYONE has it, its almost always loaded into people's cache, so no one is ever likely to see your system hair for a moment while waiting for it to download).

Is your avatar wearing a tattoo layer "hairbase"? That seems to be a new thing. At least it is relatively new for me. Some wigs come with a matching head tattoo. If it matches the wig, it can work well. Look in your Current Outfit folder for an icon that looks like a dragon (a red dragon icon in Firestorm viewer). That icon shows something you are wearing on the tattoo layer.

yeah it was the skin.

but but! it's ok!

Because I was in the marketplace and found this great affordable new skin!

I wore it, and it looked great BUT with the bald head when my long hair my character has moved, sometimes it looked very odd and showed the baldness underneath!

SO I used the "hair tattoo" that came with the skin and it looks perfect!!

Thank you very much everyone - I am v happy with this! ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.