in need of help with mesh avi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i am completely new to makeing anything with mesh.I have blender and i am looking for a way to make a static mesh be a good avi.But also i dont know how and if its ok to take a mesh from a good game and have it as a avatar.I did some quick mesh avis and they came out very pixelated and with out a head and some parts missing.

First of all, yes it is "illegal" to make an avatar after a character in a game. If you took the MESH upload test, you should know that :D.

Second, making an avatar is one of the most difficult things to do (assuming it isn't just a block character painter blue or whatever). First you need to know how to build something simple like a chair, map it, upload (guess you go that).

So BACK UP a bit and go a little slower :D. There are lots of folks here willing to help you but asking how to drive a porche when you can't roller skate is not the best way to go about things - LOL.

We all had to learn the basics. THEN you can move forward.

Forget using games to make your SL character, the new tos is really tight also about naming your product. For istance if I make a red bike that looks like a ducati I can't call it ducati or ferrari.Same is for Game characters you couldn't make a 3d character like a disney game and pretend to sell it in world like that ( this has real referals to a case that has happened and the store was closed cause of this).

making 3d character would probably be the only  thing you could choose to save yourself from growing white hair with fitted mesh madness.

What they say about modeling a whole character is true and not , it's relative to the approach you use. For sure you need some basics.

However from my point of view making a whole character has a difficult that change s according to the method. Any program can do anything, the method changes and so does the time that yuo 'd need to make it.

If you make a whole character using polygon modeling you have to spend a lot of time tweaking it.

Blender is a dinosaur and a lot limited for pro game character work

A good very quick job can be done in zbrush.

You need to understand its interface and its logic, the way it works is a bit different , the first time you open it you'd say what the hell who has written this program ? an alien?.

Once learnt it's main features and how to use it it would take you very few time to make a character 3d

using Zspere to make quickly it's rough  shape.

Dynamesh to give it a good starrt for a better topology as you keep "extruding" and making other parts learn

the final retouch retopologing it by one the different ways that zbrush offers to make your character low weight  around 10 K that's good for a game .

Probably you know this character from movies, see the workflow in zbrush and how ti'd be qquick compared to other ways that I might suggest modeling it by standard tools and referals.

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/zbrush/alien/alien.html

Zbrush even if it's the best solution for this kind of job, but also to make normal maps  it's just a tool not a whole 3d program so you'll need to associate it to some 3d suite for external finishing quick editing like maya, max, blender.

If you use blender though you'll miss it's GOZ plugin that comes handy to switch from a software to another, but that's not a big handicap as you can manually save and reopen the work in blender.

Another free alternative to get a quick rouch shape to  retopo and complete in a 3d software of your choice is using Daz3d.

Read well Daz 3d has its own libraries and its character with its copyright, but it also allows you to build your own 3d character from scratch  or with some suits to build your own lycan character.

Both ways you'll need to know the basics first of building and rigging.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.