Can't Log in

Curt Bombastic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was having the skuipping voice problem on firestorm, so I went to : http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice to fix it, doing EVERYTHING they said to do But Now I can no longet log into SL and I get the message

"login failed
Often this means that your computer's clock is set incorrectly.
Please go to control panels and make sure the time and date are set correctly.
Also check your network and firewall are set up correctly.
If you continue to receive this error, please go to the Support Section of the SecondLife.com web site and report the problem."

my clock IS set Correctly, my firewall ALLOWS SL and my network is FINE ... I have re-set my router, called my Provider, Filed Tickets (and of course NONE of them EVER get answered) you Name it I've done it ALL and still Nothing ... so Please help or it looks like my time on SL after 4 years is OVER 

Oh my, no need to become so dramatic ;)

I've posted your problem in the in world Firestorm Support group, and a moderator gave me this link that you should check out and follow: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_install_crash

Hope it helps you :)

Edit: In case it doesn't help you, can you log in using the Basic Second Life viewer? Or is this problem not limited to Firestorm?

I've DONE ALL of that .. I can't even Log into SL anymore all because I tried fixing that STUPID skipping Voice Issue and Now i can't even log into SL undfer ANY Viewer ... Updates as it IS the LATEST viewer, router re-sets, Calling LL, Filing a ticket, Trace routers, clean re-installs, system restores YOU NAME IT it's ... NOTHING is working .... all I get is that message and Can't log in so 4 years is about to be down the drain

What I would do is that I would install different viewer and try to login with it.
It would help to pinpoint where the problem lies.

• If the different viewer works all right, then I would know that the fault is in the other viewer.
Sometimes some files might get corrupted giving all kinds of strange errors.
Then a total uninstall and clean re-install of that problem viewer most likely would make it working again.
If it worked earlier there is no reason why it would not work again after clean re-install.

• If the different viewer does not work either then the most probable reason is that something has gone bad with your computer or its settings.

You said that you have done ALL solutions given above and it still does not work. Ok, but have you tried different viewer?

Curt Bombastic wrote:

Yes even triued the Different Viewer ... Still nothing

• Ok, then the next step is to try to login from different computer.

... and if even that does not work then:

• Login from different computer and different internet connection (like from friend's house for example)

Those steps would help to certify:

- is the problem with your computer

- is the problem with your internet connection

Final step if the above ones fail too:

• create an alt (if you don't have one yet) and try to login with your alt

- if you can login with your alt then there is a problem with your main account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.