SL on PS4 ????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The PS4 is the next logical step for LindenLabs being a x86 architecture  system it is no different then building software for the pc. If linden labs are willing two invest time and money in low qauilty mobile apps then they should be willing to invest in a decent PS4 veiwer. I know a ps4 xbox one veiwer would not be for every one but nether are the cell phone apps. A good software company should make sure there products  are available  on the most platforms that is possible . Dose any one have a opinion  on this.

JustChrisMcDonald wrote:

The PS4 is the next logical step for
Linden Lab
  being a x86 architecture  system it is no different then building software for the pc. If linden labs are willing two invest time and money in low
quality 
mobile apps then they should be willing to invest in a decent PS4
viewer
. I know a ps4 Xbox one
viewer
would not be for every one but nether are the cell phone apps. A good software company should make sure there products  are available  on the most platforms that is possible .
Does
anyone
have a opinion  on this.

Yes. My opinion, learn to use spellcheck.

You also might want to use SL for a bit before thinking a game system could handle it. How exactly would the system know I had rezzed a new cat on my SIM before you visit? Or what changes were made to a shop? SL isn't a static game. Hell, it isn't a game at all. Everything you see is user created. Name a single "game" that has that.

JustChrisMcDonald wrote:

Eso has more changes  both user and Bethisda created. Again the only difference from the new gen consoles is the os in the ps4 and the device you would use for mouse 

And is user created content seen by everyone or just the one that did it? also, how long would it take to type a sentence with a controller?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Actually, the PS4 text input is rather impressive, not to mention the built in voice recognition.  And why wouldn't there be voice chat with the PS4 mic that just happens to be included with EVERY system?  

He's not trolling and he's not assuming that SL is the Sims either (the Sims on a console is kind of a pain in the ass).  He's asking a question that seems like it would be the next logical progression of a great piece of software.  Hell, the PS4 even runs a variation of Linux, OS X is a variation of Unix; I'm not oblivious to porting issues and architechture differences but it doesn't seem like it would be THAT difficult. And with the shutdown of PS Home... why the hell not?  

Give the guy a break.  He's not spamming anyone.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

JustChrisMcDonald wrote:

Linden Lab
  being a x86 architecture  system it is no different
then
building software for the pc. If linden labs are willing two invest time and money in low
quality 
viewer
. I know a ps4 Xbox one
viewer
would not be for every one but nether are the cell phone apps. A good software company should make sure
there
products  are available  on the most platforms that is possible .
Does
anyone
have a opinion  on this.

You also might want to use SL for a bit before thinking a game system could handle it. How exactly would the system know I had rezzed a new cat on my SIM before you visit? Or what changes were made to a shop? SL isn't a static game. Hell, it isn't a game at all. Everything you see is user created. Name a single "game" that has that.

Unfortunately, spell check does not correct the improper use of "then" instead of "than" (something that winds me up no end!) or "there" instead of "their".

aargh, i've become an Internet grammar/spell troll :P

Sassy Romano wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

JustChrisMcDonald wrote:

Linden Lab
  being a x86 architecture  system it is no different
then
building software for the pc. If linden labs are willing two invest time and money in low
quality 
viewer
. I know a ps4 Xbox one
viewer
would not be for every one but nether are the cell phone apps. A good software company should make sure
there
products  are available  on the most platforms that is possible .
Does
anyone
have a opinion  on this.

Unfortunately, spell check does not correct the improper use of "then" instead of "than" (something that winds me up no end!) or "there" instead of "their".

aargh, i've become an Internet grammar/spell troll
:P

After The Deadline has grammar and (non-Microsoft) style error-correcting suggestions as well as spell-checking and it works in the popular non-IE browsers in LL's post editor.

• 1 year later...

arton Rotaru wrote:

This will never happen. Not because of Linden Lab, but rather Sony would never ever allow the adult content and activities you can do in Second Life on their consoles.

This is not true as Sony is allowing more and more adult content including adult films being soild on the PS store, Look for your self Misty Mundae movies including Spider babe. and many others, more and more adult situations in games and more imersive content is being made all the time, Sony never took issue with adult content go back and look at the metal gear games, point of fact you used a playboy mag to distract enemies, and this was allowed. The whole online disclaimer is in and of it's self sony's release from rosponibility of the adult nature of the content and actions of the gamers themselves.

Also if you look, SL can be installed on tablets and many mobile devices as long as they have the minimum requirnents. and the ps4 is a gaming console but with thhe new ps4 coming out this year you wil get improved graphic cabability and more ram memory. also sl is not in your pc,laptop or tablet, it's basically like any mmorpg the game is one a server, the data you download and install to your system is your access doorway your porttal to the servers world.

So you will not be using that much memory from your ps4, just resorces. so yes it could be done. and also if a person isn't comfortable with gaming on a pc or laptop they can in fact get the console expeirience with SL Alienware has a gaming console that plays all pc games. it's basically a PC compressed into a gaming console and SL plays on it perfectly/

Before you jump the gun and rag on ppl for saying things, remember the progression of all console gaming systems is moving towards a more powerful PC like gaming expeirience in a console system. the ps4 compared to the saga cd is like a late 1990's pc verses the 1980s,

So yes it is possible for sl to be picked up for the ps4, if sony and linden labs can work out an aggrement.

Hey Phil, I suspected that's it's rather generic. But I did not read back this old thread to check what it's all about.

Now that I glanced over it quickly, judging from the typos, and the style of the posts of the first-timers, looks like it's the same person everytime. :matte-motes-whistle:

Phil Deakins wrote:

This is not a reply to you, arton. It's generic.

Has anyone else noticed that the only 4 accounts that have posted in support of the OP's idea, are first-time posters? That includes the OP. Summat fishy there
;)

Do you mean the ones that keep dragging up an old thread for no apparent reason?

Naw, I really haven't been pating attention.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.