Sign in to follow this  
NealCrz

Is True Love for Real?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess all it really takes is to be real with one another, break down some of the walls that you think are shielding you, because infact there might be rays of light coming in which your wall may be blocking. 

Hopefuly your dream will stumble into your arms one day if it hasn't already :)

lunasmirage wrote:

I guess all it really takes is to be real with one another, break down some of the walls that you think are shielding you, because infact there might be rays of light coming in which your wall may be blocking. 

Hopefuly your dream will stumble into your arms one day if it hasn't already
:)

Hopefully and for everyone that deams still.

MichelleWynn wrote:

I used to believe in true love, now I don't know anymore. I haven't given up hope entirely, but I'm not actively searching for 'true love' either. When and if it ever happens, I'll just go with the flow..

@MichelleWynn  thanks for that.  I think Madeline said it best about hope

Madeline said, "

I think "hope" may be one of our best evolutionary adaptations. Just another of those things that happens by accident, and appears planned."

You know what would make a great title for a book? True Love & Other Delusions and somebody has already written it. Four and half stars on Amazon with seven reviews: It lasted so long, so it must have meant something, right? We weren't a cliche', were we?

Is real love and true love the same? If it doesn't last, does it mean it wasn't real?

Randall Ahren wrote:

You know what would make a great title for a book?
and somebody has already written it. Four and half stars on Amazon with seven reviews:
It lasted so long, so it must have meant something, right? We weren't a cliche', were we?

Is real love and true love the same? If it doesn't last, does it mean it wasn't real?

Thought provoking, thanks

Beautiful song....

I've met both in RL and SL and always hope true love will find its way to all. I join with you and others in holding on to that hope for that special love that's out there just for us.

When you've found that one and are holding each other tight, words aren't even needed to feel their love.

Neal "From This Moment On" seems like the perfect song for a wedding.

Brianna, Alison has such a beautiful distictive voice.  Listening to your clip reminded me of my favorite song by her:

Gorgeous Song Brianna thank you :).  

Thank you Diane love that.

Heres a song for everyone that still wants this.  "Don't Act Like It's a Bad Thing to Fall in Love........"

And thank you Neal, what beautiful songs. No fair, those made me tear up a bit. I'd like to put in a request for the pair of wings please :) Hope I never feel like it's a bad thing...

BriannaHenessey wrote:

And thank you Neal, what beautiful songs. No fair, those made me tear up a bit. I'd like to put in a request for the pair of wings please
:)
Hope I never feel like it's a bad thing...

glad that reached you as it did me

It is such a pleasure to read such a well thought well written disertation on true love and marriage!! I'm in awe of you already and curious about your age and your experience. You talk with the wisdom of a 60 year old. I agree marriage and monogamy is not the answer, we simply inherited the practice from times when men needed to protect their bloodlines by ensuring the "legitimacy" of their offspring....It was a trading more than an expression of everlasting love. The men bought the sexual fidelity of their partners with a ring and the promise of financial security.

I know I'm oversimplifying things and painting a very black and white picture but after all these centuries our society still uses the ring to simbolize commitment and eternal love, and still believes a family unit, preferably of different sexes, is the best way to bring up our children.

I agree lifelong monogamy and the idea of a traditional marriage as the safest place to bring up kids is not working but there are so many interests at play, so many institutions that support the status quo and despise change that old habits will die hard. BTW we are still educating our children following a social scheme that was devised around the time of the Industrial Revolution so society really moves slowly if at all!!

I believe in temporary monogamy and have trouble too reconciling the everlasting love sold by Dysney or any religion. I also believe you can truly love someone you have not met for long. I have lifetime friends and friends that came into my life for a short but intense space of time and there is no difference in what I feel for either group. It is what you share rather than the lenght of time that matters. I think that also applies to sexual partnerships. They don't start as monogamous but they can become so if the connection or bond between 2 people goes deeper enough for both parties.

The mistake of our society is to try and prolongue or preserve that bond forever, bringing out the rings, the public vows, and believing in the "exclusivity" and "uniqueness" of what is felt by bringing into the equation unexplainable stuff like "fate" or "destiny" when the truth is that if we were free from all constraints and limitations life would show us that the potential to have the same connection or bond is not infinite but certainly not limited to just one single person in the whole planet!! A much healthier approach psychologically in my opinion!!

AliveO said, ....."A much healthier approach psychologically in my opinion!!"

appreicate strong points of view.  Defantely makes one think or opens the mind to different ideas.   thanks for sharing.

True love in sl?  The average relationship in second life lasts a grand total of 3 months.  In that time, usually both parties invest their emotions heavily in that situation, and 3 months later they're left feeling profoundly hurt. 

I've read your replies in this thread, but I'm almost begging the question just how long you've been in sl, and just how many relationships you have been in here?  There are exceptions for the relationships here that span years, but most old-timers in SL have long since given up the possibility of finding true love here.

fireandheart wrote:

True love in sl?  The average relationship in second life lasts a grand total of 3 months.  In that time, usually both parties invest their emotions heavily in that situation, and 3 months later they're left feeling profoundly hurt. 

I've read your replies in this thread, but I'm almost begging the question just how long you've been in sl, and just how many relationships you have been in here?  There are exceptions for the relationships here that span years, but most old-timers in SL have long since given up the possibility of finding true love here.

yea, way too long and could know better,  and way to young in spirit to give up.  I live for an exceptaional life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.