Why are PayPal withdrawals taking longer than the stated max of 5 business days?

Nymira Bailey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sold quite a bit of Linden 2 weeks ago. I initiated a withdrawal to my PayPal account on the 1st April. The payment is still 'In Progress' on the 9th April.

I've read countless times this should have resolved within 3-5 business days. If it is going to take this long in the first place, I believe payment should be dispatched as advertised by the 5th working day.

I doubt I will use this software again, the service seems quite poor & unreliable. My Paypal is a business account which is verified. I used the same account to purchase Linden previously of which left my account immediately.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

12 answers to this question

Hi, same me 2 i sell some lindens  on 2 april and still not received in my paypal account, and i use  this service from 2 years, sometimes  when i saw its take to long i email linden lab and next  day my money apear, but now i  email linden lab 2 times and nothing.

• Like 1

5 to 10 business days is more in touch with reality. LL rarely makes their promise of 3 to 5 business days.

I suppose the 'official' reason it takes so long is that they are intentionally slowing the process down so they can spot check transactions for possible fraud. They have access to a way to do it instantly, and they refuse to use the fast way.

• Like 3

Have you tried asking the Linden Lab Billing Office?  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 5

Not much you can do about it except to complain to Billing when they exceed their stated processing period.

I agree that it is not at all fair of LL to insist on instant payment from us, but dawdle for days or weeks when it's their turn to pay.  But unless you want to go somewhere else, that's the way things are.

• Like 2

well, I sold a good amount of lindens on the 26th of March and -guess what!- my process is STILL in progress. The worst is that I did open a billing issue case already twice and the reply I got was NONE. I wonder if I will ever get my money into my paypal account

• Like 1

April 7, 2014, 4:16 p.m. Georgina Linden

Dear ImHotep Resident,

Based on your volume and/or amount of process-credit requests, Linden Lab is required by applicable law to obtain, verify, and maintain information identifying you as our customer.

Liden Lab Policy for Processing Credits

The minimum process-credit amount allowed is $10, plus any fees. The maximum amount per transaction is $9,999 minus fees. If necessary, you can process a larger amount over multiple smaller transactions.
How long does it take to process credits?

Process-credit requests can take up to five (5) business days (Monday-Friday, not including U.S. holidays) to be completed and sent to your PayPal account.

Imhotep Resident

My process credit amount was nowhere near the stated maximum amount of 9,999 so why is it that LL is flagging accounts for modest payouts. I'm finding it very disconcerting that so many Residents are having issues with credits being processed in equitable time outlined in your policy disclosure. SL by way of LL is becoming a tawdry virtual business. If not given the much needed attention to fair and forthcomoing business practices I fear you will no longer be as lucrative judging by the many comments here...

A very Concerned Imhotep

• Like 1

There are no Lindens here. Ever. This is a resident-to-resident Answers service, and none of us has any power (or desire) to look into your account. We can't do anything about policy either. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 0800-664-5510

Japan: 0066-33-132-830

Portugal: 800-814-450

Spain: 800-300-560

UK: 0800-048-4646

Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.