kaymichel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Freya although I sympathise with your views the fact is that as someone who runs a sim I have no idea how LL interpret avatars as being too small or too young for the vast majority of avs (exlcuding the obvious nutters): And the consequences of this are to risk being banned and lose all my assets let alone get the approbrium of having condoned age play. So frankly - to quote TOS, and to `er on the side of caution' I have no choice but to Im individuals or to eject them - which makes me one of your crazy people!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariel Feden wrote:

Freya although I sympathise with your views the fact is that as someone who runs a sim I have no idea how LL interpret avatars as being too small or too young for the vast majority of avs (exlcuding the obvious nutters): And the consequences of this are to risk being banned and lose all my assets let alone get the approbrium of having condoned age play. So frankly - to quote TOS, and to `er on the side of caution' I have no choice but to Im individuals or to eject them - which makes me one of your crazy people!

Heaven forbid you should do something as crazy as use a bit of common sense, which is really all Freya is saying that some people seemingly can't do.  Because, the basis for a person to think, "ZOMG! your five-foot-ten avatar has to go, because - ageplay," has less to do with common sense than it does that person's rampant paranoia.

...Dres

Ariel Feden wrote:

So you run an adult sim with furniture that includes adult animations?

Because thats the freakin' only time you even have to worry about ageplay and the ToS. Having a small avatar isn't against the ToS and neither is having a child avatar. Child avatars are not restricted location wise and can go where ever they want to. The only thing they can't do is engage in sexual activities.

So basically, if your sim is not an adult sim with sexual content, then your problem is a home-made one and you are very well one of the "crazy people" who can't use any common sense at all. Size alone is a stupid messurement. Or would you confuse small people in RL with children, because of their size? And sometimes an avatar may just look small, because the people around a glamazones, who have overall ill-proportionized bodies (peanutsized heads, stretched torso, t-rex arms, breasts the size of watermelons....)

Ariel Feden wrote:

I have no idea how LL interpret avatars as being too small or too young for the vast majority of avs

the consequences of this are to risk being banned and lose all my assets let alone get the approbrium of having condoned age play.

So you have no idea how LL moderate... yet fear that you'll be permanently banned if you let your guard down at all*? Where do you get this information from, that you're risking being banned*? Why are you assuming LL interpret avatar heights*? Why pollute your imagination with all the grossness of what people could be planning to do*?

You might just be crazy, Ariel. :)

It's just so much worry to assign to just one nearly non-existant problem. The fear and confusion on this issue runs so high that it makes everyone crazy. There's no point making enemies by guessing heights and ages, users with intent to age-play have no incentive to go to public sims and aren't trying to trap landowners.

Even if they did, LL don't rule against landowners for activities carried out by a tiny possible percentage of visitors. They sure as hell don't interpret avatar heights as an average in order to find and target short avatars. Never happen. Most of what you seem to believe on this issue appears to be myth and whipped-up fear. Not that I'm blaming you - you're just a product of the culture you're in.

Like the people who put Adult content in their Picks. What purpose does that serve*? Users under 18 can still see Picks, and images are never content-rated. All logic is entirely disconnected from the loop.

I run/ran multiple sims, I've never ejected anyone because they were "too small" or "too young" because I don't think those attributes are against the Terms of Service. I don't think people need to explain their choices to me, and I report actual violations of the Terms of Service rather than ones that have been imagined.

[second] Life's too short to fill it with crazy.

*For clarity: All questions are rhetorical, any attempt to answer is obviously crazy.

For double clarity, this post uses satire. Do exactly as you please under the quantity of fear that you believe to be beneficial in stopping you from dealing with nuanced or complex problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.