TRANSACTION PAGE CHANGES

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: post no longer actual. Looks as they rolled back for real... 

-------

look at the page URL.

It's https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history

it's different from the old one that started with

https://secondlife.com/my/account

If you are logged in the dashboard, try in the browser to open another window tab and paste in the URL: https://secondlife.com/my/account then click on transaction history in the left menu. It displays the old working version. 

Thanks Reeva, that link no longer works, so it appears it's been shut down for more work to be done on it.  The normal transaction history seems to be coming back for everyone.

as a side note: there's Marketplace maintenance planned for tomorrow - we can only hope that whatever they are doing there is not a mirror of what we just saw in one way or another....

• Lindens

In an attempt to improve we made a few mistakes and caused some misunderstandings as well. We rolled back the changes and will work on getting it right. The team is looking at feedback and will communicate a plan for how to get there. 

Thank you -- we were all very pleased (and surprised) at how quickly the roll back occured, and are very encouraged that there has been communication from LL both here and in the JIRA.  A refreshing and hopeful sign. (As merchants we find that sometimes our products have glitches, too -- and that as long as we are promptly responsive, our customers are very generously forgiving.)

PS For me, the main problem with the transaction page at present is that the marketplace items do not show what was purchased -- I have to go to my emails to find that information. Other missing functionality I can work around. 

Welcome to our world, where the least important priority is establishing trust in commerce and transactions.

About those ancient bugs like multiple billing on marketplace enhancements and the oft-requested return of things like charts and reports that were coded by a single individual once upon a time ...

Off to shop on Amazon where I receive a refund before I actually knew I needed one, or in the case of a rare mistake, a replacement item on my doorstep before I've even shipped the original back.

Pro Tip: Explosive tipped suppositories work wonders, shy of printing out help wanted ads and putting them on the teams desk.

Ebbe Linden wrote:

In an attempt to improve we made a few mistakes and caused some misunderstandings as well. We rolled back the changes and will work on getting it right. The team is looking at feedback and will communicate a plan for how to get there. 

I haven't been over here for a long time but your comment has made it completely worthwhile. 

Take that as you wish but don't ever mistake it for a compliment.

Look at this:

Update on the Transaction History Page

CommerceTeam Linden yesterday - last edited yesterday

Earlier this week, we rolled out a few changes to the Account Management web pages for logged-in users at SecondLife.com, which were aimed at improving these tools for users. One of the changes we made updated the Transaction History page, and we heard lots of feedback that not all of the changes to that page improved our customers' experiences or met their needs. So, we quickly reverted to the old Transaction History page.

We'd like to get some additional user feedback on the new Transaction History page so that when we make the changeover, the functionality best matches what Second Life users want and need. Once we are ready, we will post instructions on how to review the new page and provide feedback. We will not take down the old page until we have had a chance to review feedback and make appropriate changes to the new page. Check back on this blog for more details as they become available.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Commerce/Update-on-the-Transaction-History-Page/ba-p/2619452

I attribute this kind of communiction and revised approach to drastic new rollouts to the Ebbe Effect. (Thank you Ebbe.) 

Great news? Who said we needed any changes to the Transaction page? Why aren't they making the changes that have been suggested on these forums?

So they made changes and got a backlash for it - why wasn't feedback sought BEFORE the changes??

Unfortunately, this is the usual mode of operation of the martketplace team, and Ebbe, if anybody tells you this was a one-off mistake, don't believe them. This has been happening since the dawn of time and we have almost, but not quite, become numb to how they can mess up things for merchants.

This kind of mess happens again and again and again and again and no change of CEO seems to make it better.

Magnet Homewood wrote:

Great news? Who said we needed any changes to the Transaction page? Why aren't they making the changes that have been suggested on these forums?

So they made changes and got a backlash for it - why wasn't feedback sought BEFORE the changes??

Unfortunately, this is the usual mode of operation of the martketplace team, and Ebbe, if anybody tells you this was a one-off mistake, don't believe them. This has been happening since the dawn of time and we have almost, but not quite, become numb to how they can mess up things for merchants.

This kind of mess happens again and again and again and again and no change of CEO seems to make it better.

All true, except I dont become numb to it. I feel every fresh cut.

The great news is that someone blogged about it instead of the usual stoney silence, and said that next time they will solicit feedback. Talk is cheap, I know -- we will wait and see.

While it was encouraging to see the fast response to Merchant dismay over the unannounced changes to Transaction history, and also encouraging to see the blog post regarding seeking Merchant input for the upcoming changes, there is still is inconsistency in communication.  For instance, within the past 48 hours, the Merchant listings all have new fields for "classic, mesh, and branded mesh avatars" - a blog post was made on April 9 (which I missed), however, it is not noted on the Merchant Homepage (where many Merchants look on a daily basis). The Knowledge Base has info here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-clothing-that-fits-your-avatar/ta-p/2570096

I've read it and re-read it a few times.  While I understand where it's going, it requires a bit of concentration to figure it out (for me anyway).  Still looking at my listings and trying to decide if I will update them all or not...

Edited to correct post

Yes this forum is not just a place to hang out and chat -- it is where THE COMMERCE TEAM has previously stated that they will officially communicate with Merchants.  And so here we are, monitoring for important information that impacts our businesses -- and they post in some blog buried somewhere. 

Ebbe Linden wrote:

With all due respect Ebbe .. It ain't broke! Please do not "fix it".

I have a very well established routine that includes downloading the XLS file and adding it to the end of an existing spreadsheet that contains all the transactions year to date. I then run a simple macro that sorts everything in descending date/time order, calculates totals for business related sales and expenses and then finally updates a dynamic chart.

If you break the XLS format you will completely destroy my entire accounting system. You will cost me hours and hours of extra unnecessary work in order to recover and regain a proper informed view of my business accounting. And all of it will be absolutely unneccesary as ...

IT AIN'T BROKE!! PLEASE DO NOT FIX IT!!

[ https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-5664?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=426268#comment-426268

CommerceTeam Linden commented on BUG-5664:

------------------------------------------

While we are working to get a test page ready for your review, we'd like some clarification of how the ID Prefix column is used. This field only shows the first 8 characters of the ID field, which is not unique to the transaction. The full ID field contains 36 characters (including dashes). How is the ID Prefix useful when it is not unique?

And, do you want to have 36 characters take up space on an already very narrow report if we put the full ID on the in-page report?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.