"Loading Contents"

Kay Holmeforth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm having a problem and I cannot find any other place to ask for help, so if this is in the wrong place, please tell me. I tried to file an official ticket, but the category just wasn't there!

Here's my issue: Since Saturday, whenever I edit a prim, any prim, but specifically purchased boxes, I'm getting stuck at "Loading Contents". I've tried with multiple viewers, multiple accounts (thanks to my family sharing their login details with me), and whatever I try on this PC, I cannot see the contents of any object!

Repeat: Multiple accounts across multiple viewers...this is not an isolated issue! It's something to do with my PC, or it's something to do with something restricting permissions from this IP, or it's a systemwide problem that nobody seems to be talking about.

I've also tried clearing cache, manually deleting the system folder, making fresh installs of each viewer (Firestorm latest, Singluarity latest, Imprudence latest).

PC stats: AMD A4-3400 APU, 4GB RAM, Geforce GT610 GPU, Mint Linux 16 OS.

Zero problems before this weekend, no updates installed, no changes made to inworld preferences or website settings.

Please help!

If there is a problem happening on any sugnificant scale someone will be talking about it...

The type of problem you describe could be a network issue. You don't mention restarting your router and gateway. Restart everyting and try again. A good internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to SL. Get an IP address from Help-About and test to an SL region server. See: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Since you have tried other accounts and other viewers that eliminates those. But, have you tried a different computer? Can you try from a different location or have a trusted friend login with your account from another computer and location? Did I say trusted friend? T r u s t e d ?

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection.

Without that information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

Thanks.

I did include ssytem specs in my original post, along with the fact that I'm using the latest versions of the three named viewers. I'm able to log in with all three and get about as usual. the only problem is not being able to load content inside prims. Might be worthy of note that I'm getting zero lag, my ping to the server is good and everything except this database issue is peachy. Also, I got a group notice through that LL are still dealing with database issues. According to the Grid Status blog, that was cleard up a coupel of hours ago...again..but my issue persists.

I cannot try from another computer or location right now. I certainly don't have any trusted friends I would give my credentials out to.

For the record:

PC stats: AMD A4-3400, 4GB RAM, Geforce GT610 GPU. Desktop running Mint Linux 16 32bit. Wired 60mb cable internet. Haven't rebooted router.

Viewers tried: Firestorm latest - 4.6.1.40478, Imprudence latest - 1.3.2b, Singularity latest - 1.8.5.5617. All 32bit

I can try logging in from a Virtual Machine on this PC, but that's as different as I can make things right now, and if I have the same issues on the VM, the only specs I will be able to give you will be "Virtualbox standard specification", which is going to annoy more people than it informs.

UPDATE: rebooted router and PC. Problem resolved. Thanks Nalates! Heaven only knows what was going on there...with a Linux system, you get used to not having to reboot. If I was still on Windows, it would have been the first thing I tried!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings everyone.

I Recently had the same problem with my SL. Couldn't load any content, whether it was in boxes, or in the content tab of the edit menu. I restarted the game, restarted the computer, restarted the router and even restored it to factory settings, nothing worked.

Today, I asked a friend of mine, what the problem could be and she told me to do this:

Go to Edit in the top of the screen and select "Preference". There you go to the "Network" Tab and there should be a Button called "Clear Cache". Click that, close the viewer and restart it. Wait till the cache is cleared and log back in. Then it should work again.

For me it did work! Can see all the content again.

I hope I was able to help some of you :D

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Tried using 3 different viewers, also logged onto different grids using 3 different viewers. Still the same problems. If i make a prim and put a script, texture or anything in contents, it says contents loading and doesn't load. Also the same thing happens if i buy something that needs to be opened, just says contents loading and never does. Occasionally, if i log off for a while and relog it will work, but usually only once then back to the same problem.

I'm having the same issue and it is terribly frustrating.

I 've clearned cache & restarted. Reset my modem. Called my interenet provider and restarted my service. Tried in different regions. DId a clean install of firestorm.. All with no luck.

I have an Asus laptop, Wireless, Windowns 10, Newest version of Firestorm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kay Holmeforth wrote:

Hi, I'm having a problem and I cannot find any other place to ask for help, so if this is in the wrong place, please tell me. I tried to file an official ticket, but the category just wasn't there!

Here's my issue: Since Saturday, whenever I edit a prim, any prim, but specifically purchased boxes, I'm getting stuck at "Loading Contents". I've tried with multiple viewers, multiple accounts (thanks to my family sharing their login details with me), and whatever I try on this PC, I cannot see the contents of any object!

Repeat:
Multiple accounts across multiple viewers
...this is not an isolated issue! It's something to do with my PC, or it's something to do with something restricting permissions from this IP, or it's a systemwide problem that nobody seems to be talking about.

I've also tried clearing cache, manually deleting the system folder, making fresh installs of each viewer (Firestorm latest, Singluarity latest, Imprudence latest).

PC stats: AMD A4-3400 APU, 4GB RAM, Geforce GT610 GPU, Mint Linux 16 OS.

Zero problems before this weekend, no updates installed, no changes made to inworld preferences or website settings.

Please help!

Reports are saying that several people with this problem have an anti-malware program called ByteFence installed and removing it fixes the problem. ByteFence is sometimes installed by other programs without making it obvious that it's being installed. More details at the end of this JIRA:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-40728

• 2 months later...

Having the exact same problem.  I'm a store owner and i can't even fix my 1 vendor because of this...  Any fixes yet?  I tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire firestorm client,  manually clearing the cache, just everything ughhh

12 minutes ago, madysonfaye said:

Having the exact same problem.  I'm a store owner and i can't even fix my 1 vendor because of this...  Any fixes yet?  I tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the entire firestorm client,  manually clearing the cache, just everything ughhh

Well, today was "rolling region restart" day, so who knows what could have happened.  Can you get the contents of something loaded if you are in another location?  i.e. another sim / sandbox where you can rez an object and check the contents. 

Specs might help - Help, About <Firestorm | Secondlife | etc...> - copy and post the results.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

There are 4 causes of this problem that I know of.

1) Sick region - problem will be isolated to one region and most likely everyone on that region will have the same problem.

Region restart should fix it.

2) Wonky connection.

3) A problem with the Windows temp folder on the affected system: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp.
SL viewers utilize this Temp folder in order to display the contents inside other objects.
It's possible that the viewer may not have permissions to write to the Temp folder - try running the viewer as Administrator to see if this fixes the problem.
If not, create a new Windows user account, login to that account and install the viewer and see if this fixes the problem.
If it does it's fairly certain to be a problem with the Temp folder.
You can use Windows disk cleanup to purge the comtents of the Temp folder, which may fix the problem.

4) Having ByteFence installed on the system will cause this -  uninstalling ByteFence will fix the issue.
https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/9191-bytefence-redirect

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.