Youtube missing plug-in appear on media prims not on extchrome

cyber Placebo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

REsponse to Sven. Thank you. I managed to download the Flash version for other browser on the Flash download page, and it did the trick: Here is the sceenshot of the About:plugins on chrome to make it work:

FlashChrome.PNG

Youtube missing plug-in appear on media prims on my two machines 1 on win8 the other on Win7. Youtube works on chrome/IE outside viewer. Anything within viewer blocking flash or shockwave or adblock ? Thanks for your help!

here are the screnshots in French, stating that my browser is obsolete. I tried both latest version of Chrome and IE (11)

The second screenshot states that I need a browser compatible with Flash or HTML5.

Tblshoot_Youtube1bis.PNG

Tblshoot_Youtube1.PNG

Madelaine and Sven, thanks for your quick answers! 

@ Madelaine, changing slplug-in settings in my firewall didn't fix the problem. I have the same issue with another PC, even SL viewer.Tblshoot_Youtube3.PNG

When I try to download an "updated version from the internal browser within FS I get this.

Tblshoot_Youtube2.PNG

My prefs are as follows:

Tblshoot_Youtube4.PNG

No proxy from home. Something from within the browser seems to be blocking. It used to work on my older viewers in my older laptop and with the updates, not any longer.

Sven both my machines are 64bits, do you have a safe website where I download the 32bits plugins?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

Hi Cyber,

If you have a firewall or antivirus software running, either may have sequestered "slplugin.exe", resulting in the message you see. Here's a thread in which Rolig Loon offers hopefully helpful advice...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Getting-Started/I-keep-getting-a-message-of-quot-slplugin-exe-has-stopped/qaq-p/1659257

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.