What is the best way to create traveling pulse-types visible internally in a transparent cylinder?

PsychicThoughtSpy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What is the best linden script to show a stream of light-glow pulses, and to change the speed or width of some of hte pulses, or colour too?   

The size of the tube they travel in changes .

The trigger information has to come from the avatar who uses it - settings in a HUD.

I saw something on youtube about a person who designed a beautiful hud to operate all kinds of bullets for a weapon.  So, I was half thinking of trying to adapt of modify the script for both of those but of course, those are proprietary and not visible.

Maybe there is a better way.

I saw the script suggestion for changing lights around a frame but in this case,I would like changing sizes of pulses inside , not outside.  Maybe there is not much diff...

Has anyone tried something similar?

:heart:   :matte-motes-kiss:

1 answer to this question

Try using llSetTextureAnim.  Your texture can be a single frame with a vertical band (or several of them).  Set it to LOOP so that it keeps running from one end of your tunnel to the other. I used something like that in a teleporter a few years ago, and I think the TP at the College of Scripting, Music & Science may still do that. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.