Sign in to follow this  
CarolynBrown1

how can I get a refund from a appartment where functions are not useable?

Question

You would have to ask them directly for a refund.

There's no guarantee that they'll give you your money back, since Second Life operates a Buyer Beware policy. All sales are final, and your rent may be lost.

3 answers to this question

You would have to ask them directly for a refund.

There's no guarantee that they'll give you your money back, since Second Life operates a Buyer Beware policy. All sales are final, and your rent may be lost.

There is an obscure known bug where things only work when the owner is logged in. I dont know what it is called but it was mentioned here a few days ago. If I remember correctly, the only way around it is for the owner to deed the items to a group that you are a member of and then it should work. Otherwise you can only use it when they are online.

• Like 1

Continuation of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/I-rented-a-apartment-and-the-functions-only-seem-to-work-when/qaq-p/2588654

Innula explained the cause of the problem in her answer and suggested the only resolution for it.  As far as a refund is concerned, that is a matter between you and the landlord, a personal matter between residents.  Linden Lab is not likely to become involved.  (See TOS, Sect. 6: "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.")