is every clothes on basic avatar gray or offwhite?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i lose a lot of lindens recent when i try to buy so much white catsuits! frustazione from everything is pictures white but gray or offwhite in world. cant be color settings of my computer so this is color settings secondlife viewer? but i also talk to person rez date 11 years in world says nobody makes true white x_x

this the fixed one vendor send me in world , is whitest she can?

the catsuit with the parts , it is gray and offwhite look! but seperate parts are white!

and everything not attachment but basic av clothes i buy is like this :­(

Snapshot5474_001.jpg

Culuf wrote:

oh sorry i shouldve said before :­( i go to welcome point & ask randoms they say is gray too x_x

is there catsuit you have seen in world thats true white color? 

I'm not that familiar with Catsuits but I'd be surprised if you couldn't find one that is white.

One suggestion I do have is if the picture you looked at before you bought it showed it as White that you contact the creator.

There is also another possibilty, if that Catsuit is 'copy/mod' that you may be able to tint it white yourself.  Make a copy and try that.

There's a texture on the catsuit. The only way to texture something perfectly white (255,255,255) is by darkening it, so that explains the grey features. If one wanted to show reflective highlights on a white catsuit, you'd have to "dim" the fabric a little (make it grey) so the reflections could be brighter than the fabric. You see evidence of that on the shoulders and at the top of the breasts. So not only is that catsuit translucent (which can only serve to darken a white catsuit, nothing is brighter than white), but it's been darkened to allow highlights.

Another potential solution might be to quickly create an all white outfit to wear under the catsuit. That will brighten it up a bit, and remove any tinting caused by the color of the underlying skin.

It's all relative...

Grey_square_optical_illusion.png

I'm sure you've seen this illusion in which the A and B tiles are the same shade of white, or is that grey... or black?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.