Jump to content

Facebook buys Linden Research Inc


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

i work nights and was keyed into april fools the second i put the date on my first piece of paperwork lastnight..

i was ready at jump street this year hehehe

 

i seen the secrete messege so i was all ready for anyone this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Hitomi Tiponi wrote:

You do realise that two thousand people have already cancelled their accounts out of disgust without even bothering to read the link :matte-motes-wink:

Would it be really THAT bad?

What I noticed is record traffic on the blog, especially from twitter were this makes the rounds now ! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if this were not April 1st and full of people who think they're being funny...

Anyone who is fool enough to cancel an account to something because of something said on a third party unverified blog kind of deserves it, and really shouldn't be allowed online without supervision anyway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


carolinestravels wrote:


Hitomi Tiponi wrote:

You do realise that two thousand people have already cancelled their accounts out of disgust without even bothering to read the link :matte-motes-wink:

Would it be really THAT bad?

What I noticed is record traffic on the blog, especially from twitter were this makes the rounds now ! 

 

On the SL forum the word "Facebook" is basically the equivalent of words like "Communism" at a country club or "Broccoli" in an elementary school - it's a concept of fear and disgust far outstripping its real-world characteristics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In Breaking News Facebook has threatened to sue CarolinesTravels unless she promptly prints a retraction of her Article.

Shortly after it's publication, Facebook stock plunged 25 points.  Facebook is claiming she has done irreparable damge to their reputation with her false reporting.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

Facebook has threatened to sue CarolinesTravels unless she promptly prints a retraction of her Article.

Shortly after it's publication, Facebook stock plunged 25 points.  Facebook is claiming she has done irreparable damge to their reputation with her false reporting.

 

 

Nah, she'll be fine. Lawsuit wouldn't have a chance: it's not like Facebook's reputation could get any worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Even if this were not April 1st and full of people who think they're being funny...

Anyone who is fool enough to cancel an account to something because of something said on a third party unverified blog kind of deserves it, and really shouldn't be allowed online without supervision anyway.

 

Amazing, absolutely no movement on the humor detection meter.  

meter.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:

Facebook has threatened to sue CarolinesTravels unless she promptly prints a retraction of her Article.

Shortly after it's publication, Facebook stock plunged 25 points.  Facebook is claiming she has done irreparable damge to their reputation with her false reporting.

 

 

Nah, she'll be fine. Lawsuit wouldn't have a chance: it's not like Facebook's reputation could get any worse.

That's not what I read!   Having looked at all the facts, I think they will be laughing all the way to the Bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:

Facebook has threatened to sue CarolinesTravels unless she promptly prints a retraction of her Article.

Shortly after it's publication, Facebook stock plunged 25 points.  Facebook is claiming she has done irreparable damge to their reputation with her false reporting.

 

 

Nah, she'll be fine. Lawsuit wouldn't have a chance: it's not like Facebook's reputation could get any worse.

That's not what I
   Having looked at
, I think they will be laughing

 

You may never be able to post a link here again if you keep this going. I did feel I needed to check the Hoff Crotch one in your earlier post (just to be sure of things, of course) but these last three look too dangerous even for a wary browser like me :-).

Link to post
Share on other sites


0seagypsy0 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the idea of her being sued is yet another april fools joke. It's not like she was picking on Prince. Then you could believe a lawsuit threat.

I would soooo love to be suit by Facebook for an April Fools joke. What a lot of free puplicity.

I would probably have to move the site to a more powerful server.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, this was meant to be an Aprils Fools joke.

But I digged a bit deeper into the subject and found this:

Philip Rosedale´s firm high fidelity acquires more capital in addition to the 2.5 Million US invested by Linden Lab and Google Ventures:

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/high-fidelity-a-further-2-5-million-now-on-the-radar/

Philip Rosedale works on Oculus Rift project, a firm recently bought by Facebook:

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2014/03/philip-rosedale-virtual-reality-oculus-rift.html

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/22/5536914/second-life-creator-wants-to-look-inside-your-brain-with-oculus-rift

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...