Sign in to follow this  
Hieronimos Audeburgh

Rigged Mesh question

Hey all!

I'm trying to make a rigged mesh armor set and I run into a question I can't seem to solve.

Basically I want some elements of the armor (pauldron in this case) to solemnly move with the bone without any deformations. When I set Parent to "Bone" in Blender, this works just perfect, but when I upload this to SL, the pauldron is no longer part of the rig and gets attached to my hand, as if SL doesn't recognize where the part belongs.

Is there any way to get this piece moving along with the bone without it deforming?

Thanks!

If it goes attached at your right hand (the default attach point) then probably it was not rigged, or not exported with the rig, or not imported with the skeleton checkbox selected.

Btw, if you just want it follow an avatar bone you have 2 option:

1) import the pauldron just as a static mesh, then attach at the desidered attach point, then set the position and rotation once you did that.

2) import a rigged pauldron, but be sure that all vertices of  the pauldron are  fully (not partially) weight parented with the only one desidered  bone (and not to any other bones).