"Animate my Avatar?" window does not pop up when clicking Sit Here on a poseball

Lori Rumpler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Permission to animate your avatar is granted automatically whenever you sit on a poseball or attach an object.  You shouldn't ever see a permission window for PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION under those two conditions.  You'll only see that permission window if you click on something like a dance machine that you don't sit on or attach.

Now, if you expect to be animated but nothing's happening (except that you are sitting), then either your AO has a higher priority that the animation in the seat, or the script in the seat is busted.  Usually it's the first one.  Try turning off your AO.

• Like 1

Rolig is usually spot on, but this time I have to disagree with her.  A lot of poseballs, including those generated by dance machines and scripted furniture, DO send you an animation offer that you must accept before you will be animated.  The old "Object BEDX owned by Lindal Kidd is requesting permission to animate you.  Accept/Deny/Mute?"

There is an ongoing bug in SL that works like this to "break" these items:  You, or anyone in the region, uses the pose stand utility built into the popular Firestorm viewer.  Doing so messes other scripted items up so that they think they have sent you the animation request, when in fact they have not.  And so, you just sit there like a potato.

The workaround of choice is a region re-start.  If you're on the mainland, this usually happens every Tuesday when LL does server maintenance and updates, or you can submit a Support Case.  If you are Premium, you can try Live Chat.  If you are on a private estate ask the estate owner or manager if they would re-start your region.  As a somewhat less-drastic fix, you can try taking the scripted item back into your inventory and re-rezzing it.  If I recall correctly, simply re-setting the scripts in the thing doesn't fix this problem.

And don't use the Firestorm pose stand!

• Like 1

The difference is that those are not poseballs. When you click on most of those, you are not using a "sit" or "attach" to trigger an animation. If you were, the trigger would be automatic, not requiring you to give permission. I have scripted many devices for people that DO require explicit permission to animate, including many household items. None involve sitting. See the table at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestPermissions

They sure look like poseballs to me, and they act like poseballs. They are round, pink, and blue. When you right click one, you Sit. While on one, you are Phantom.  To get off one, you click Stand. How is this "not sitting"? And you do so have to give permission. For example, go to The Blind Pig Music Company dance club, where there is a hybrid dance ball. Click Couples. See if the things that appear are not poseballs!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.