Jump to content

something wrong with group invites


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Past few weeks our land manager has been having issues with the abiltiy she has for assigning people to assigner's role. It no longer allows her to assign them an officer tag as well as hte everyone tag for inviteing them to the group or adding the officer tag after.  

My wife and I have also tried this and had hte same luck, would only allow us ot assign the everyone tag for invites from our Manager title, even though nothing has changed on our side. 

 ******Fixed April 5th , 2014. A few hours after the Post we added to the Jira as well. **** Whirly Fizzle updated us on the bug stats. By the afternoon was all clear SL viewer side and about a day later Firestorm was working as well.

Worked with Bianca Linden on this. shes forwarding it to the JIRA.  Arpril 2,2014

WE invited her to teh group with the manager rights we give and she only had 'everyone' role she could send out. With the abiliities correct for being able for the Manager to assign roles based on assigners roles... Keep an eye out and recheck if you have differnet roles to assign tenants to unless your the owner in the group or give your land managers near owner abilities. They may only be getting agneral invite sent to join your land rental groups or events etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

This is day 2 of my renting from Bright Corp and I am underwhelmed!

I am not able to get into the Bright Corp Renters group this means I can not furnish the space I am paying for. 

Right now I have a pretty place to look at with nothing in it.

I have tried to contact Ms. Bright and have gotten no reply.

I understand that real life issues do arise and need to be dealt with before Second Life, however I am paying for a place that I can't use.

Is there no one else I can attmept to cotact for help with this issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...

It seems this issue persists 3 years after this thread began. 

November 2017, I have rented a SkyWorld with bright eyes and bushy tail happy and eager to set up my new home I purchased into our new SkyWorld. I have not been able to set the dome as my home, and I have not even been able to Rez the security orb provided with the welcome package.  I have displaced my friends and myself from our previous rental to rent this SkyWorld together. 

I'm getting a lot of pressure from my friends as the Linden Home I have is only so large and minimal LI/Prims. Four of us in 512 sq meters is really not working out so well. 

I have IMed the owner again this morning, and am sincerely hoping that I will have a response as soon as possible. I accept that there may be technical issues at play or even real world priorities that may have been hampering a prompt reply. 

To this affect I do hope to be compensated for the days we have NOT been able to use the rented property. 

 

Sincerely,

TaraSquirrel Resident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TaraSquirrel said:

It seems this issue persists 3 years after this thread began. 

November 2017, I have rented a SkyWorld with bright eyes and bushy tail happy and eager to set up my new home I purchased into our new SkyWorld. I have not been able to set the dome as my home, and I have not even been able to Rez the security orb provided with the welcome package.  I have displaced my friends and myself from our previous rental to rent this SkyWorld together. 

I'm getting a lot of pressure from my friends as the Linden Home I have is only so large and minimal LI/Prims. Four of us in 512 sq meters is really not working out so well. 

I have IMed the owner again this morning, and am sincerely hoping that I will have a response as soon as possible. I accept that there may be technical issues at play or even real world priorities that may have been hampering a prompt reply. 

To this affect I do hope to be compensated for the days we have NOT been able to use the rented property. 

 

Sincerely,

TaraSquirrel Resident.

This is very likely a different issue than the original post, which was a true bug/issue related to group privileges. 

Your issue is probably more like the second post which is related to getting into a group due to a new rental.  Often times you need to be invited by the group owner/manager and that requires action by an actual person, though sometimes an automated process is having problems.  However, since we are just other residents there is nothing we can do.  Nor is this something that LL can do anything about.

Good luck - remember to always be nice when you are talking to the manager of your rentals, as that will get you better service than in you go into the conversation already screaming.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2014-10-17 at 8:00 AM, HecateNuit said:

This is day 2 of my renting from Bright Corp and I am underwhelmed!

I am not able to get into the Bright Corp Renters group this means I can not furnish the space I am paying for. 

Right now I have a pretty place to look at with nothing in it.

I have tried to contact Ms. Bright and have gotten no reply.

I understand that real life issues do arise and need to be dealt with before Second Life, however I am paying for a place that I can't use.

Is there no one else I can attmept to cotact for help with this issue?

 

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did say that your issue sounded more like the second post here that had to do with rentals.

However, there is still nothing that we, here on the forums, can do about it - nor will LL get involved because they consider it a resident-to-resident thing.  All you can do is continue to try contacting the rental company about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please pardon my inexperience. This is the very first time I have been to these community boards. I sincerely mean no disrespect. I was curious if there is a way to contact group administrators or if anyone else has had recent experiences and how they may have rectified them. 

Again, my apologies for bumps in my learning curve. And thank you for so quickly replying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TaraSquirrel said:

Please pardon my inexperience. This is the very first time I have been to these community boards. I sincerely mean no disrespect. I was curious if there is a way to contact group administrators or if anyone else has had recent experiences and how they may have rectified them. 

Again, my apologies for bumps in my learning curve. And thank you for so quickly replying. 

No need to apologize.  

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done via the forums and even a ticket to LL wouldn't gain you anything. All you can do is be patient.

One note - it is a holiday weekend here in the US and it is possible that whomever does the group stuff can't get online right now because they are out of town. And possibly they aren't checking email very often due to traveling - and possibly whomever else is supposed to be doing it is having problems.  It is hard, but keep having patience, at least until sometime tomorrow when most people are back to normal life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...