what is a botter and what exactly they can do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

copybotters can to some extend copy things your avatar is wearing, skin, clothes, shape, etc. but that's as far as it goes (and yes, I've seen someone pop into a region and 10 seconds later be wearing the custom shape and skin and the unreleased mesh clothing of a friend who was standing there).

jwenting wrote:

copybotters can to some extend copy things your avatar is wearing, skin, clothes, shape, etc. but that's as far as it goes (and yes, I've seen someone pop into a region and 10 seconds later be wearing the custom shape and skin and the unreleased mesh clothing of a friend who was standing there).

I've watched out of curiosity a few "how to" videos on copybotting and I'm having a seriously difficult time wrapping my head around your "ten second" claim.

Among other things you have at least five seperate elements that would need to be dealt with.

First, the numbers for the shape have to be copied into a new shape.

The other four, the skin, the alpha layer, the mesh and its texture have to be processed and uploaded.  And if the mesh is rigged that has to be dealt with also.

Ten seconds?  Seriously?

10 seconds seems a bit far fetched to me aswell... 1 second to copy the shape, skin, and any basic clothing yes... because it's not copying it it's cloning it, using your rendered appearance and displaying it back to everyone.

Hair, Mesh, sculpted prims... no way, not in 10 seconds, if they can even do Mesh yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.