How to make my skins with appliers?

madam Martian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am skin designer. I usually do custom skins and havent done much the last couple years but finally got started again. But I am not understanding (a lot but... :p for now only this)

How do I make my skins with e.g. Slink hands and feet? How do I get the tools for it? I did try serch on Marketplace but cant find anything useful.. But I am not english so I might be using wrong words in serch... for example I got no idea what the world applier means, I cant translate it to danish but am thinking it means to add on something...

Anyway.. my question was, how do I do so my skins can come with Slink hands and feet appliers, in case my customers would want that... (I tried with Lolas, but kinda gave up on that for now.. I do have the applier for those, but Im simply not getting it)...

Its very annoying to be none-english I tell ya... My english is pretty good, but once it comes to recipes, scripts and other things like that then I am LOST.... *poutsss

Thank you for reading and hopefully for someone to help me with the answer..

Blessings for a wonderful day... :heart:

Lis

madam Martian wrote:

for example I got no idea what the world applier means, I cant translate it to danish but am thinking it means to add on something...

Only because i'm trying to learn a language myself, it causes me to investigate how words change so "Applier" comes from the verb "Apply" which as you rightly guessed means "to put something on".

If we're in the process of doing it, many English words add "ing" to the verb.

e.g. Dance/Dancing, Run/Running, Throw/Throwing so here Apply/Applying

Then we form a noun from the verb by adding "ier" so Applier.

Now i'm going to be wondering what rules we have that dictate that the e is removed when it goes before an i, why words like running and swimming need double letters in the middle and why the y gets removed with ier.

You have no problem with your English by the way :)

PS, don't forget to include the other body parts such as breasts, ass and anything else that people are making add on bits for.

You have to apply for the developer kit  for Slink hands and feet but you can do so here:
http://slinkstyle.com/slink-add-on-program-creator-policy-and-application-form/

You need to own the hands and feet though so you can test out your appliers when you make them. You only need to own one version of each, as the appliers will work on all feet (low mid and high) and all hand positions.

The Lola Tangos you would have to buy and the developer kit comes with it, as well as the phat azz/cute azz by *Linc.

• 1 month later...

Okami Aquila wrote:

That link is no longer available, do they still have the developer kits for Slink? And for Wowmeh appliers do they have developer kits too?

On their website it says:

Slink Avatar Enhancement System – Developer Information

*NOTE – Personal kits are on hold until further notice while we update the system.

But the link is here --> http://slinkstyle.com/the-slink-avatar-enhancement-system-developer-information/

I dont know of wowmeh, or what that is, so I can not answer that question ;)

madam Martian wrote:

I dont know of wowmeh, or what that is, so I can not answer that question
;)

wowmeh is a full fitted mesh headless avatar.

I believe it uses a custom UV map, so you cannot just apply a texture from a skin to it - the skins need to be specifically made for it. But I'd have to buy it to find out.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

wowmeh is a full fitted mesh headless avatar.

I believe it uses a custom UV map, so you cannot just apply a texture from a skin to it - the skins need to be specifically made for it. But I'd have to buy it to find out.

I can save you the effort, it IS UV mapped to the SL avatar layout so no problem with skins.

I bought one to try it, curiosity more than anything but the thing is, since it's fitted mesh with LESS slider control than you get with the SL avatar (since only certain bones not morphs are performed), it was pretty much back to being "me" anyway.

I dropped my skin on and really didn't see the whole point.  Don't get me wrong, it's a comprehensive item but to me (my opinion) seems very complex in that i'd have to constantly go into a hud to turn bits of the mesh invisible or not, normal SL clothes wouldn't work and I still find that underwear and tight tops underneath other things such as mesh work better, due to their being no proper layering of mesh other than just luck it works for certain items.

Plus, i'm limited to only being able to alpha the bits that have been defined as hideable.

So overall, I lose slider control, I can't wear items with the simplicty of right click, wear, I can't make custom alpha's for mesh items and overall i'm back to a mesh that pretty much more or less is the same as the one i've just alpha'd out.  I'm not getting it? :matte-motes-not-entertained:

(Again, just to be clear, i'm not criticising the product, it appeared comprehensive and flexible for those who want to work that way.  It's just not "me" and hence the above is my opinion and only that.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.