Mesh clothing and multiple alpha layers

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have finally gotten to grips with my slink hands and have been updating my wardrobe from top to bottom but I'm running across a recurring theme.

If I have the alpha layer on my hands and wear a top with an alpha layer as soon as I wear it it seems to knock the alpha layer off my hands, giving me two pairs off each arm. I've tried adding the alpha layer rather than wearing it but that doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Am I missing something or can you not wear alpha layers on any or all parts of the body. I'm sure I'm missing something but I'm fuggled to know what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You need to choose ADD

If you choose WEAR, it will replace the other layer. If you choose ADD it will allow you to wear multiple layers without replacing them. The same holds true for objects and tattoo layers. For example: If you want to wear a tattoo on your upper arm and another tattoo layer for your eyeshadow, you must wear the first and ADD the rest or just ADD all of them.

Same with rings, if you have 3 different rings that you want to wear to your right hand, you just choose ADD for all of them.

Same for hats over hair. If both objects are defaulted to wear on your head, you ADD them both so one does not remove/replace the other. etc...

There's also a hard cap on the number of alpha maps you can wear. I forget what it is. Maybe 6? But once you hit it the only options become wear or replace (again forget which) and add goes away.

It doesn't sound like this is your issue - but just make sure its not.

Note to merchants: Its really really really really really nice when you include the texture of your alpha map in the product in case we need to combine all the various body parts into one file... or who knows... even edit the thing in Photoshop / Gimp / whatever to better fit us.

Your alpha map isn't some amazing unique item. Give me an hour and I can just make it myself in Photoshop... your unique item is the outfit that came with it - so just give us the texture map and save both you and us support headaches.

Reverse the order in which you wear the alphas... do the top first, then the hands. The last alpha you wear always overlaps the one before it if it's on the same part of the body. Ultimately it shouldn't matter but I've seen it where the order you wear them in make a difference before. so it's worth a try. May also need to clear cache first as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.