Some mesh avatars do not display properly.

Hippi Hammerer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem,some of my mesh avatars that ive bought have weird lines coming from certain parts of them and going into ground.This started about 2 wiever updates ago,also i see some other peoples mesh doing the same thing,clothes or avatars.Most mesh shows just fine.

Hippi Hammerer wrote:

I have a problem,some of my mesh avatars that ive bought have weird lines coming from certain parts of them and going into ground.This started about 2 wiever updates ago,also i see some other peoples mesh doing the same thing,clothes or avatars.Most mesh shows just fine.

fitted mesh can (will) do this if you aren't using the most current viewer(s).

Perrie Juran wrote:

Hippi Hammerer wrote:

fitted mesh can (will) do this if you aren't using the most current viewer(s).

If you ARE using the most current viewers it appears that some non-fitted mesh can do this. But thus far I've not seen ideas as to what kinds of older mesh are now broken and why. But the AMD graphics link above is one I'm going to have to go read. I see it on a 2011 iMac with I believe this card:

AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

(Bing search tells me that's what's in the iMac I use for SL).

@Pussycat: there are some outstanding rendering glitches on OS X that can also be "fixed" with the hardware skinning workaround, but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a software update in the cards to fix it properly. you may need to wait for LL to find a way to work around the driver bugs from their side.

@Hippi: how far did you go through that? did you leave hardware skinning off, or did you also try the beta driver? it would be nice to know if this driver update is fixing the glitch for all AMD users or just some.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.