A little blonde girl's problem.

thebaekai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I like prim hair, I live for the bouncyness m'kay. I wear mesh hair but never as much as flexiprim.

I've noticed starting today that my hair had little gray strings poking out of it and everywhere! (I would post an Image but it would literally look like a hairstyle with untexured hair poping out left and right.)

So I try on another hairstyle (blonde) and it does the same, another hair which just so happens to be blonde, it does the same. So I'm bemused, and just try to go with my red hair, and that works perfectly. No gray strings, no nothing, just perfection.

So is SL discriminating blondes, or? I just want to be blonde!

Check your settings for HTTP Textures, texture compression, and texturefetchconcurrency (I think that's the name, should be set from 1 to 8 but no higher - for some people even 8 is too high, and either too high or too low will shut off downloading some things).

If you're using a hair that has a LOT of different textures (rather than repeating the same texture on many flexi prims) - then my guess is your download is 'gagging' trying to get too much stuff at once... or its decided to compress one of them... and the texture compression is SL, which is on by default, is like looking at jpg images on a website from 1996... super blurry junk...

If they're the same blondes from the same hair designer, it could be that just that particular texture (the alpha version, if ther rest of the solid pieces are rezzing properly) is just taking a long while to rez. In that case just wear it for a while and it should eventually rez. And it looks like your problem was solved, so that may have been it. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.