move individual prim in link set, alpha click problem

RebelX Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys im trying to move one prim individually from in a link set, whever i try move a linked prim it moves the whole set insted of that individual prim, i basically have a panel that i want to move, or ideally hide, ive tried using alpha to hide it but ive found the object still shows as clickable even though you cant see it.. so i have to get round that by moving it inside another object to hide it and stop it from becoming clickable..

Ive tried llSetPos on the prim in the link set where the script is, but that moves all prims in the set.

And ive tried  llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(link, [PRIM_POS_LOCAL, link_pos]);  which also moves the whole link set, even though i give it a link number.

Any ideas would be great !

[...] ive found the object still shows as clickable even though you cant see it.. so i have to get round that by moving it inside another object to hide it and stop it from becoming clickable..

If the objective is simply to make the prim unclickable, the usual simple way to do it is to switch the script to a state that has no handler for touch, touch_start, nor touch_end events. 

As to the problem with moving a single prim in a linkset, Cerise is quite correct that it's annoyingly difficult to get that to work on the root prim (i.e., link == 1), but the root prim would also usually* receive touch events from all the child prims, too, which would defeat the purpose here anyway.

*Unless there are touch-handling scripts in all the child prims. See llPassTouches.

need to use llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(integer link,PRIM_POS_LOCAL,vector position ]);

this is setting the position of the linked part offsetting its position from the root pos that is <0,0,0>

and not the region object position,

also when dealing with link sets the root link number is 1 not 0 and you dont want to use 1 in the function above.

still ne help feel free to contack me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.