Step up your game, LL. Payments too slow.

Katsu Fang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The payment method is Paypal, something that should be INSTANT. An actual snailmail check would have arrived by now, what's the deal? This is the second time I'm going to be late paying the internet bill (which I use LL cashouts for) because of your slow system. 

I've heard from merchants years ago that LL cashouts used to be automatic, why can't you guys go back to that? It's wasting my time, your time and every other merchant's time going through all this manually. I'm legit annoyed at this since just about every other business utilizing paypal is instant. You'll take my money from Paypal instantly to buy L, but you take a week+ to return the curtousy. 

Down with the slow process and go to automatic cashouts. It's a bit annoying missing a bill payment when you bothered to make the cashout in advance only to find out it's still slow.

Katsu Fang wrote:

The payment method is Paypal, something that should be INSTANT. An actual snailmail check would have arrived by now, what's the deal? This is the second time I'm going to be late paying the internet bill (which I use LL cashouts for) because of your slow system. 

I've heard from merchants years ago that LL cashouts used to be automatic, why can't you guys go back to that? It's wasting my time, your time and every other merchant's time going through all this manually. I'm legit annoyed at this since just about every other business utilizing paypal is instant. You'll take my money from Paypal instantly to buy L, but you take a week+ to return the curtousy. 

Down with the slow process and go to automatic cashouts. It's a bit annoying missing a bill payment when you bothered to make the cashout in advance only to find out it's still slow.

Just a quick question... What are you going to do if you have a dead month and sell nothing? I would never rely on SL sales to cover my RL bills.

To answer your query. It takes so long because US laws make it so. They want to make sure you aren't money laundering or funding a terrorist cell.

While I agree the wait is annoying,  LL have, for the last several months at least, been reliably paying me on the 4th or 5th US working day after I request the cashout.    Since I know that, I time my cashouts accordingly.   Furthermore, as others have suggested, I'd never rely on my income from SL to pay particular bills, or at least not the extent I'd be in trouble if LL delayed a payment or if I had a bad month or so.    

I have always been glad LL delays cashouts for a few days because it means LL can sometimes prevent scammers/thieves from getting money out of SL. If it was instant -- which it never has been, AFAIK -- they money would be taken out before LL could stop it.

I do depend on my SL income to pay RL bills, but I have never found it inconvenient to wait a week or so to process credit.  I understand occasionally needing money quickly, but every time?

With the way things are lately I wouldn't put too much faith in trying to make rl money using sl, it's easier to just suck it up and go out into the real world and get a job that you know is gonna pay. Think about this sl may have times that less people play or less people visit so therefore there will be some sort of repercussion which is money loss or no money at all. I'm not saying to stop but for me I'd at least have a back up job in case something happens...

Merchants getting instant cashouts were using third party cashout systems, as far as I remember LL always took at least 3 to 5 working days when it was faster.

Now it's better to expect it to take 7 working days (saturday, sunday and holidays not counted) and organize ourselves around it, which is not very complicated to be honest. Being able to pay your bills is your responsability, not LL's.

• 2 weeks later...

Please acknowledge that there is a difference of people making 50 bucks a week or 2000 USD a week. The person doing 2000 a week should rely on their SL income. Second Life is a platform with multi milion profits over the last 10 years, that is more reliable and more secure as 85% of RL dayjob employers can offer.

Another thing I read is that the 3-5 days period is US Law. Sorry that's just not true. The moment you have registered with the IRS (US or Non US Form) there is no legal requirement for LL to keep the money from you. The problem is that each request is handled manually for no good reason. If one withdraws 500-2000 USD each week over at least 3 months without any complaints, DMCA's etc. this merchant should receive their money instantly. If they exceed their previously approved withdrawal limit then there is a valid point to hold the money back and look into it manually.

People have become so obedient and disconnected from right and wrong they literally accept everything. The solution is not "don't rely on SL" the solution is to make the service better.

Steph Catseye wrote:

Please acknowledge that there is a difference of people making 50 bucks a week or 2000 USD a week. The person doing 2000 a week should rely on their SL income. Second Life is a platform with multi milion profits over the last 10 years, that is more reliable and more secure as 85% of RL dayjob employers can offer.

Another thing I read is that the 3-5 days period is US Law. Sorry that's just not true. The moment you have registered with the IRS (US or Non US Form) there is no legal requirement for LL to keep the money from you. The problem is that each request is handled manually for no good reason. If one withdraws 500-2000 USD each week over at least 3 months without any complaints, DMCA's etc. this merchant should receive their money instantly. If they exceed their previously approved withdrawal limit then there is a valid point to hold the money back and look into it manually.

People have become so obedient and disconnected from right and wrong they literally accept everything. The solution is not "don't rely on SL" the solution is to make the service better.

LL does not have to let you cash out at all. Read the TOS. What would happen if LL decided tomorrow to shut down the Lindex? How many people would be in deep to pay their bills? Relying soley on SL to pay bills is foolish. 

There are so many shops that couldn't compete when mesh came out and closed to count. a lot relied on SL to pay bills. SIMs closed, stores gone, friends left. Don't rely on a virtual life to pay for your Real one.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Steph Catseye wrote:

LL does not have to let you cash out at all. Read the TOS. What would happen if LL decided tomorrow to shut down the Lindex? How many people would be in deep to pay their bills? Relying soley on SL to pay bills is foolish. 

There are so many shops that couldn't compete when mesh came out and closed to count. a lot relied on SL to pay bills. SIMs closed, stores gone, friends left. Don't rely on a virtual life to pay for your Real one.

Rely on verses being prepared for?

Jobs can go poof in an instance in RL also.  I've had two companies I worked for close their doors.  One of them I was out on the road calling on clients.  I had just pulled into a clients parking lot when I got the call from my Mgr, "The company just closed its doors."  No warning.  I had to pay my own damn gas to get home.  The other I was given a months notice.

Today's economic environment is just too durn volatile.

For whatever unknown reasons the payouts are inconsistent, we all know that they are so people need to plan accordingly.  Just the very fact that sales can fluctuate should be enough to tell people they need to plan accordingly before we even begin to get involved with the inconsistent time for pay outs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.