My merchant outbox is failing to initialize.

PhoebeDesmons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A week ago I was uploading items to my merchant outbox. Out of two sets of items, there was one that wouldn't go through. It was packaged in a prim box. 

I thought at the time it had something to do with SL marketplace acting up as it does at times when they are updating it. 

I waited about a week, tried a few times to upload the last time. Each time it would get stuck spinning and would not initialize. 

I sent in a ticket to support. I was told I was having "packet loss issues" vaguely and to fix my internet. I have been with this provider for nearly a year now and I haven't had any issues that affected SL directly until now. 

I went on an alt account, and I was able to upload prim boxes to the marketplace without issue. I switched between accounts to test this and every time my main account would still be stuck intitalizing. 

I re-opened the ticket and all I was told that "your packet loss is now at 24% instead of 17%" and something vague about inventory items. 

So what I have tried so far to resolve this. 

~ Merchant uploading works flawlessly on my alt account (doesn't have the same inventoy because I haven't set up my second business yet)

~ I brought my inventory from 31K items down to just under 12K items. This did not fix the issue.

~ I went on the marketplace and I deleted all the merchant listings waiting to go live (couldnt since I was missing that last product so I thought best to clear this out)

~ I deleted all the old unlisted products I was retiring and no longer going to sell. 

~ I have updated and re-installed my viewer twice.* Now a third time, again another clean installation.

~ I have tried syncing the marketplace with magic box button. 

~ I have restarted my computer multiple times

~ I have restarted the modem in the house, a few times at different times of the day.

~ I have attempted this when no one else was using the internet, and both in the middle of the day and evening.

~ I am on a mac and there is no virus scanner/virus blocker. 

~ I have submitted a JIRA and it's been looked at but nothing is happening. 

~ I hard wired my computer in. This changed nothing my account still kept spinning. 

~ I had a close friend log into my account on a different internet connection and it was still stuck. 

Things I have to try next

~ Have my business partner who as a store log into my account and see if they can do anything. 

This is really dumb. 

2 answers to this question

What I can think about: There is an issue with a firewall or a virusscanner maybe. End all things that access the internet (like skype etc pp) and then turn one off and see if it is any better and then the next (step by step to find out what could be the reason). Sometimes a restart of the modem and router, just unplug the powerline for some minutes for that, can help too.

If you truly have packet loss as high as 24% or even 17%, it's a wonder than you can log in the SL at all.  Acceptable packet loss is generally a fraction of a percent -- very close to zero.  Essentially, that's a measure of how much data is being corrupted and lost between your computer and SL's servers.  You should be able to verify what your packet loss is by looking at your Statistics Bar (CTRL + Shift + 1).

The fact that your alt has no trouble at all uploading things to Marketplace, though, suggests that there's something else going on.  After all, you and your alt are on the same computer with the same Internet connection.  You said that you have re-installed your viewer, but have you done a CLEAN reinstall each time?  If not, then any corrupted settings files will have been carried forward intact, so your new installation will be just as bad as the last one. Try that >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.