Template secondlife? over 1024x1024

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The maximum uploadable image size is 1024x1024.

When skins and clothing layers are composited by the server (Baking) the output file that is sent to the viewers is only 512x512. Every avatar you see (that is wearing system skins/clothing layers) is made up of a 512x512 head, a 512x512 torso, and a 512x512 legs texture.. maximum.

Use the 1024x1024 avatar templates.. that's really all the detail you're likely to need.

These are the most helpful ones I've found: Robin Wood's UV Templates

If you feel more comfortable working at a bigger size and then resizing you can of course ENLARGE the 1024 templates to 2048 x 2048. Sharpen and you will have a base to work on.

Be aware that if you upload anything larger than the size that will be used (in this case 512) the uploader will resize FOR you. So it is usually best to resize and sharpen in some way (most graphics programs have a variety of methods) and THEN upload. This holds true on most textures that will be applied inworld -- and even profile photos :D.

I used the Layered Photoshop with Vector Smart Objects from  Robin Wood's UV Templates, along with Gimp, to make myself sets of 512, 1024, and 2048 templates in png format.  

All the jpeg templates I have  found on the web are rather fuzzy, but my own templates are nice and sharp.  And even after shrinking to 512 size to make a UV suit tattoo, the pngs give rather sharper lines in SL too.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.