Sign in to follow this  
Carl Thibodeaux

Always wondered.. Why do we smile after picture is taken?

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

Ever take a picture of your face in SL? Your notice your smile after the picture is taken.

Why is this?

I think this is to mimic RL, where I also smile after the picture, not during it. The SL imitation is not perfect though, my eyes are always open in the snapshots I take.

Natural reaction. Avatar is happy after succesfully taken an awesome snapshot. Just like in real life. People often check how did the photo come out they just took. They might even show it to friends. Everybody smiles or laughs happily. :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileyvery-happy:

:catwink:

(You can disable this smiling feature just like ObviousAltIsObvious said.)

I always figured this was so the drama fiends in the area could know you were taking pictures, almost certainly of them or their stuff, and then complain or eject you because... drama.

I've had quiet snapshot to disk turned on for so long that I'd totally forgotten about the smile after the pic was taken.

That and the fact that my avatar's "face" has been covered with a prim or sculpt canid head of one kind or another for most of my time in SL.  :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

It's part of the same animation that holds your hands up in a cameralike position when you take the shot, and the sound that plays when the picture is taken. It's like a 'System Gesture" that everyone has loaded.. unless you use the "Quiet Snapshots to Disk" feature and take snapshots directly to your HD (COMMAND-`).

I guess our AOs keep most of us from noticing to the hands up portion. Going to have to turn all this off and take a screenshot to see what that looks like.

I always wondered this too...but figured its just how sl is, a bit quirky 

And it makes me smile in rl when I see it.