daz 4.9 pro for beginners of SL?

Culuf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(if mesh is wrong sorry move to different subject?)

i came to secondlife january 3rd even bring friends with me who know to use the daz3d 4.9 pro program
we now know all rules to importing in SL by rule lecture people because this is all we get for asking x_x

but not the basics on how to do anything from daz3d to SL

sometimes for my daz scenes i use other objects (purchase for daz) and sometimes use my own textures on objects created and warped also make perfect with gimp. i am good at these things

animation in daz i can pose character nice but never real time motion

i has so many objects of my own i can bring into SL but need help ;)

basics 101 where to start? need tons information!

Hi. I am not sure what you wish to build with daz, Culuf.

You're talking of objects. well you must consider that daz can make prims (not the best modeling program tho) as it has also libraries. First of all when you use its object you should always check the copyright,cause most of the libraries and characters are not resellable,they could be used there to make your scene photos, videos and so on.Most if not all of the objects you purchased have their copyrights and couldn't be resold in SL.

About the animations it's a nice tool but to make animations you need todownload the SL avatar folder from wiki and use SL_female and SL_female .cr2 file same for male if you need to make animations then you can export the bvh.

Daz actually could rig but I haven't had the time and the patience to mess with it yet. once I exported tha vavtar as it was with wrong names for bones and I noticed that the mesh was recognized by SL importer also that once in world it was all twisted but still moving beathing, so maybe there is a really thin chance that it could work for rigging.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.