Sign in to follow this  
BonneyChic

Question about being a premium member

Hello everyone 

I just recently became a premium member reason for doing this is because I thought you get your own land I am confused can someone please explain if you get your own land 

Hi Bonney,

You don't get free land, you can have 512m of mainland and not pay a monthly tier to LL.  So once you buy a 512m then there are no monthly fees.

You can get a Linden Home and there is no charge, however this uses your 512m of tier.

Hello 

My next question is the people who are selling land mainland if I bought one is it a outright buy and I don't have to pay anything more? 

You should be able to get a decent 512m for less than 5-600L$.   Log into SL and go to 'Land Search' then check Ascending, use the drop down to show 'Price per meter' then put 500 or 600 in the Price box and 512 in the area.  Start at the least expensive and work your way up until you find one you like.

Since this is your first land purchase it is probably good to start with a low priced lot and then if you want you can look around for more expensive lands.

if you 'buy' on an island/estate you are really just 'renting' from the island/estate owner and you will have to pay them weekly or monthly

Some of my fondest memories are from when I had just a little 512 plot and now with so many very low prim items available, it's a fun challenge to make the most use of it. Teaches good discipline around land impact use.

Don't listen to people who generalise about mainland being laggy either, it's an overused generalised statement.

There's a lot of vacant mainland, find a plot where the rest of the region is mostly vacant. I have a 512 plot on mainland for my shop servers, it's a good place for scripting because it's not laggy!

Just be flexible about where you go for your first plot and have fun :)