A question for buyers of fashion and sellers.

JungUKnow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to make a descision about how to sell my clothing so I want to find out what some of you prefer when buying clothes or as a seller what you think seems to work better. So if you could just take a few minutes out of your time to answer this it would be really appreciated.

When buying clothing, lets say a dress, skirt or top for ladies or a sweater or pants for guys do you prefer to buy individual colors of that item of clothing with the option to buy a fat pack or do you prefer to buy something texture changeable via hud or menu for a higher price than one color but lower than a fatpack? Also if you do buy a texture change item what kind of prices would you be willing to pay? Or as a merchant how do you prefer to sell your items and for what reasons?

Thanks for answering, your time is much appreciated. :matte-motes-big-grin:

I think the answers will be mixed and perhaps there is no real answer.

Huds are great as they help keep inventory down. With the new way of making outfits however you need to make a copy of any item you want in an outfit or it can be a different color than you planned when you wear that outfit the next time.

If you decide on the hud route I would DEFINITELY say that it needs to be a pictorial hud. The "periwinkle" "baby pink" text menus really don't cut it any longer :D.

If I were selling these days (I have in the past) I think I would go with traditional separate colors. Mostly because there is a lot of work involved in the huds and they do add to your script count.

That being said I would vote for huds on HAIR as there are so many hair colors I can never remember what color I want and the photos help a LOT. Clothes typically have up to a dozen choices so not like 40 or 50.

When buying clothing, lets say a dress, skirt or top for ladies or a sweater or pants for guys do you prefer to buy individual colors of that item of clothing with the option to buy a fat pack or do you prefer to buy something texture changeable via hud or menu for a higher price than one color but lower than a fatpack?

Individual colors with a fat pack.

I absolutely HATE texture change HUDs ... unless they are done well, they conflict with other HUDs. 

Here are things I prefer:

1. If you are selling mesh, include demos (no demos=no purchase, unless it's a template that I'm familar with).

2. If you have an inworld store, an open, simple and organized  layout

For example: everything at eye level on one big floor

dresses in one section, pants and tops in another section, etc...

3. individual colors at a cheaper price plus have the fatpack option or HUD (either is fine for me)

4. When running the cursor over the item, the price should be visable without clicking

5. pricing should be comparable to other merchants and it should suit the quality of the item.

I'm always shocked to see low quality items priced very high, especially if I see the same item somewhere else for alot less. Pricing is based on supply and demand just like the RL economy, best thing is to look around at other stores that sell similar items to what you are selling.  Low quality prim clothes should not be priced more than high quality mesh clothes, they won't sell.

6. offer periodic sales and/or group gifts (I prefer inworld groups as opposed to subscritption)

7. If you are selling mesh, make sure the alpha matches the mesh. Sometimes alphas are so poorly made that even if you modify your shape, it won't work.

8. If you are going to include a HUD, make sure it attaches to the top part of the screen (most AOs attach to the bottom and it's annoying when a HUD replaces your AO)

9. An easy to use HUD

JungUKnow wrote:

I'm trying to make a descision about how to sell my clothing so I want to find out what some of you prefer when buying clothes or as a seller what you think seems to work better. So if you could just take a few minutes out of your time to answer this it would be really appreciated.

When buying clothing, lets say a dress, skirt or top for ladies or a sweater or pants for guys do you prefer to buy individual colors of that item of clothing with the option to buy a fat pack or do you prefer to buy something texture changeable via hud or menu for a higher price than one color but lower than a fatpack? Also if you do buy a texture change item what kind of prices would you be willing to pay? Or as a merchant how do you prefer to sell your items and for what reasons?

Thanks for answering, your time is much appreciated. :matte-motes-big-grin:

It depends on the type of item for me. I generally prefer individual colors for a dress or other complete outfit, but HUD's can be nice for things like separates or shoes that can be mixed and matched with other items - they allow me to quickly get another color of an item to go along with a new outfit I may put together in the future but wasn't planning on when I bought the item in the first place. With HUD's, please allow renaming of the item so I can know which color any particular copy I make will have.

My preference is that all clothing should be modifiable. Yes, everything modifiable. Thanks. :matte-motes-smile:
Mesh clothing should come also with alpha mask texture, so that it is possible to edit it if needed.

It's nice when the items are modifiable so one can tint the items with different colour. It's great when mixing items from different outfits.

What I really dislike is if an item is no-mod and the seller then sells the items separately or in a fat pack, all having exactly the same texture but different colour shade.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.