Second Life Firerstorm lags

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy...

My first question would be what version of FS are you using? The 4.5 Beta is HORRIBLE with lag. I just uploaded the 4.6 version and it seems to be much better...but I only used it for a few minutes last night (after it took 45 minutes to download..and FS is aware of the problem).

If you haven't upgraded, try that first. If you have, I might suggest the Firestorm support group inworld. They should have an answer to your lag question.

Good luck

ETA: Then again, it could just be the SL servers. Who knows....

JacobSteven wrote:

Hello,

I have this exact version of what is on this site so that version is cool:

check the version at the top of the viewer just to be sure you're running the newest version. The 4.6 just came out recently, so that if you haven't downloaded in the last few weeks, you may have the older one

and where do I write to support them and not wait until when the answer is not any other choice but to resolve it as quickly as possible, please?

it's a group...go into search on the viewer and look for Firestorm support or something like that. Join the group and you can send a group chat message directly to them and they'll answer the question almost right away. If you can't find the group, shoot me an IM inworld and I'll see if I can add you as a member.

edited: because I tried to be fancy with my response and it just didn't work....

JacobSteven wrote:

Hello,

I have this exact version of what is on this site so that version is cool:
 and where do I write to support them and not wait until when the answer is not any other choice but to resolve it as quickly as possible, please?

with a brand new release there are bound to be tons of people asking for help in the group. Be patient and they will get to you. If you want instant answer gratification, use the SL viewer, be premium and ask their live chat support.

Oh, and it's in the top menu is firerstorme and there is a live chat as they will help me now because I have just lag especially when I move or is currently not I see and I write chat so until it is sent and no power in this reference not know I much English Slovak

"The 4.5 Beta is HORRIBLE with lag. I just uploaded the 4.6 version and it seems to be much better...but I only used it for a few minutes last night (after it took 45 minutes to download..and FS is aware of the problem)."

huh? 4.5 beta never gave me a hint of a lag issue.  And download the new version only took a few mins.  

Tex, you must have awfully bad karma, only explanation I can think of.

Tex Monday wrote:

The 4.5 Beta is HORRIBLE with lag. I just uploaded the 4.6 version and it seems to be much better...

Viewers appear to be very picky in what computers they run well or run not well. It's rather strange since all of them use the same rendering engine features which are in Linden Lab viewer. But still it happens - the viewers are picky about what they like and not like. Computers and softwares are really weird. Therefore it's always good to try different viewers to find out what runs best in one's own computer.

PS.

For me Firestorm 4.5.1 beta did run perfectly well, I didn't experience horrible lag, it was pretty smooth going. Now I'm using the new version 4.6.1 and it runs very similarly as the beta did, again smooth going, not much difference compared to the beta. I have also latest Linden Lab released viewer and it performs similarly to Firestorm. I have tried also some other viewers; I cannot see much difference between any of the viewers what I have tried.

I don`t see much difference in performance between 4.5 and 4.6 (64 bit). Firestorm do question and answer sessions and they`re posted on youtube (search firestorm q&a). Interestingly in one of them Ed Merryman of firestorm support cites a case of 2 identical macs in same location running sl quite differently. Go with what works for you Jacob.

Coby Foden wrote:

Rhys Goode wrote:

Tex, you must have awfully bad karma, only explanation I can think of.

I found something for Tex.  Cheers!   :matte-motes-big-grin:

Good-Karma-Flax-Milk.jpg

That's awesome, but I think of little use...

1. Nothing about me is original

2. I'm a very sweet person

3. and FAR from Vanilla....

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Firestorm-Release 4.6.1.40478 - Clean Install Date: 3-24  (BROKEN WITH MEMORY LEAKS)

As of this posting the latency issues continue.  This is being felt by many users with a variety of different system setups, processors, Ram, Gfx Adapters...  Regardless of your particular system configuration (fast computer/slow computer) - (draw distance and or Graphics Settings) many users are experienceing the same problems with latency or lag connected to the grid with the newest release of Firestorm.  A LOT of internal changes were made when the upgraded from the BETA version to get it working and I suspect that some memory leaks were not caught and corrected.

After several complete clean installs (meaning that you uninstall the old viewer and all the hidden files that are left behind - including a purge of all firestorm registry entries before the fresh install)  It has been my experience that at first, the grid runs pretty well but as time goes on (about 20 minutes) poor performance creeps back in and movement regardless of the land and its occupancy is very laggy.   I can take my draw distance from 200m to 30M and have very little effect.  Clearing the cashe at this point has zero effect and is not the root problem.  I believe that this version of the viewer is simply broken and has memory leaks that will no doubt be addressed in hopefully a new release comming soon. 

I too love using Firestorm but also agree that somewhere within the spaghetti layered code there is a problem with this viewer version and suggest users stick with Beta if it works for you, or just trying one of the various other viewers out there untill resolved.

-Tabi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.