LSL Edit Window Font Size

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks,

This is a Firestorm question, but I feel I'll reach more people here than in any Firestorm forum, so I'll post it here.

I'm currently using the latest FS release version 4.6.1.40478. Before that I used the previous release version 4.4.2.34167. I ditched the beta that was published in between, because it was too buggy for me. The current release version and the beta version both had a smaller font in the LSL edit window than the previous release version.

The balance between the other fonts and the LSL font in the previous release version was perfect. However, in the last two versions, the LSL font is too small for me. This is really straining, because I have to stare at LSL code all day. Moreover, I don't want to enlarge the entire user interface scale just for the sake of LSL readability. A larger user interface just clutters my screen space more. Also, I don't want to use an external editor. That's just too many clicks and strokes back and forth given the amount of scripting I do.

Is there a way to increase the LSL font _WITHOUT_ increasing the other user interface fonts?If so, how?

Cheers

Personally, I use an external LSL editor - that way I can change everything about the presentation of LSL scripts, including font size.

You can do it in the viewer also, using the Debug Settings (Advanced > Show Debug Settings). I forget off-hand the name of the setting, but I'm fairly sure it has the words 'font' and 'monospace' in it. I'll try and update my post with this later today (or maybe someone else  will know this).

Hi, I looked at the Debug Setting console, but there's nothing with 'mono' or 'monospaced' in it other that a setting for the Mono run time engine. Nothing relevant for 'font' either, alas. the only font size modifiers will change the size of all fonts.

I'll use an external editor for now and suffer the blinking cursor not moving to any potential syntax errors in the script automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

look in the Firestorm program folder for a fonts subfolder, and edit fonts.xml. there are a few font config files there, if you chose a custom font in the preferences instead of Deja Vu, edit that one instead.

near the end of that xml file there is a <Scripting> section. ignore that! it does not change the script font size.

you want the next one down, called Monospace. i think the default is 8.0, even a small bump up to 9.0 makes a big difference. you need to restart the viewer to see any changes.

• 4 years later...

In waking this up, rather than starting a new one, has anything in this changed?.

The newest Firestorm has a different font for the LSL editor and I'm struggling with it, yet editing the fonts.xml doesn't do anything.

IE: Changing font sizes to 18 doesn't change the font size, Changing the font entirely, stays with the new "SourceCodePro" font, are these now fixed into the UI options only, and if so... can we change the LSL editors font back?.

• 4 years later...

Waking this up once more, seeing as no one offered a solution to changing the Script Editor Font size that worked  ..until now

ObviousAltIsObvious  was on the right track...

I am using Firestorm Release 6.6.3.67470 and his suggestion about ignoring the <Scripting> section and making the size change in <Monospace> did not work.

Changing the size in the Scripting section does work (at least with this Release)

<font_size name="Scripting"
         comment="Size of script editor font (points, or 1/72 of an inch)"
         size="8.6"

I increased the size to 9.6 and restarted my Viewer, and it works great!

I can finally script without getting headaches (from the font size but not from the debugging)

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.