Ebbe Linden

Wooja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

A couple of people intentionally trolled him in these forums, in order to drive him off. This thread's starter if I recall being the primary actor in that effort.

They appear to have succeeded, and once again we've managed to cause ourselves to have no line of communication with LLs.

Now as the company owning the product, they do have a responsibility to take the higher road and not shy away when they get trolled by their own customers... But that doesn't excuse people here trolling them...

What ridiculous BS!  Sure some people attempted to, perhaps overly, harshly try to call him out, but Ebbe hasn't ever seemed to have fallen for their tactics.  It's my contention that Ebbe is perfectly capable of handling such negativity without having to resort to shying away, as you've suggested.  Plus, there's a difference between trolling and calling someone out.

I like Ebbe a lot, if only because I sincerely believe that he's got the wherewithal to contend, in a rational manner, with those who oppose him.  Which is a stark contrast to how you, Pussycat, deal with opposition.

If I remember correctly, you blocked me inworld as a result of my questioning why you were so opposed to another person's actions which, to me, seemed entirely harmless.  Because I questioned you as to why you felt that way, rather than explain it to me, you simply decided that I was your enemy then blocked me from your SL existence.  A stunning example of what a delicate snowflake you perceive yourself to be.

I'm truly grateful that Ebbe does not overreact to opposition the way to which you seem inclined.  I was never your enemy, nor are any honestly caring users of SL the enemy of Ebbe, no matter how harshly they criticize him.  But, I believe you're conflating your own inability to deal with opposition with his ability to do exactly that... the two just don't match.

As such, I suggest you take notes.

...Dres

I blocked you because of your pattern of harrassing comments like this one. Because you show yourself as a hate filled individual with such comments.

You frequently interject yourself into a conversation that does not involve you in any way, in order to made disparaging comments towards me, like the above. For seemingly no rational reason.

I offer an opinion on why we no longer see Ebbe around, and you turn that into a hate filled tirade against me - when I had not made a single comment towards or about you in any way.

Where did that rant of yours come from? Why would I ever want someone who has this extreme level of hate towards me in my life? Your post spells out why I blocked you.

Why such hate? And you call my actions irrational...

I blocked you because I do not wish to keep fighting with you - and you seem incapable of conversing with me in any manner other than an attack. In fact you go out of your way to join into conversations that do not involve you merely to attack me.

I cannot block you here, or I would as well... But I can keep your attacks away from me there.

Ebbe... where is he?

No idea.

So it would appear attempts to troll him... succeeded. I hope we see him again... but its been some time, and so the question of this thread is one worth exploring.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

A couple of people intentionally trolled him in these forums, in order to drive him off. This thread's starter if I recall being the primary actor in that effort.

They appear to have succeeded, and once again we've managed to cause ourselves to have no line of communication with LLs.

Now as the company owning the product, they do have a responsibility to take the higher road and not shy away when they get trolled by their own customers... But that doesn't excuse people here trolling them...

What ridiculous BS!  Sure some people attempted to, perhaps overly, harshly try to call him out, but Ebbe hasn't ever seemed to have fallen for their tactics.  It's my contention that Ebbe is perfectly capable of handling such negativity without having to resort to shying away, as you've suggested.  Plus, there's a difference between trolling and calling someone out.

I like Ebbe a lot, if only because I sincerely believe that he's got the wherewithal to contend, in a rational manner, with those who oppose him.  Which is a stark contrast to how you, Pussycat, deal with opposition.

If I remember correctly, you blocked me inworld as a result of my questioning why you were so opposed to another person's actions which, to me, seemed entirely harmless.  Because I questioned you as to why you felt that way, rather than explain it to me, you simply decided that I was your enemy then blocked me from your SL existence.  A stunning example of what a delicate snowflake you perceive yourself to be.

I'm truly grateful that Ebbe does not overreact to opposition the way to which you seem inclined.  I was never your enemy, nor are any honestly caring users of SL the enemy of Ebbe, no matter how harshly they criticize him.  But, I believe you're conflating your own inability to deal with opposition with his ability to do exactly that... the two just don't match.

As such, I suggest you take notes.

...Dres

I blocked you because of your pattern of harrassing comments like this one. Because you show yourself as a hate filled individual with such comments.

I offer an opinion on why we no longer see Ebbe around, and you turn that into a hate filled tirade against me.

Ebbe... where is he?

No idea.

So it would appear attempts to troll him... succeeded.

I don't hate you, Pussycat... I never have and doubt that I ever will.  Just because I sometimes question your assertions doesn't mean that my doing so is based on hatred.  The very fact that you perceive my comments here as being hateful, only shows how ridiculously over-reactionary you tend to be.  I simply call things as I see them... nothing more, nothing less.  There is no hatred involved.

I honestly had no idea you would take such offense to my questioning of your actions.  It never occured to me that you'd react in such a way, because, as far as I was concerned, we'd never had any interpersonal difficulty whatsoever and all I did was ask you why you chose your course of action at the time.

I'm not your enemy, Pussycat... I never was and never will be.  In fact, I'm sure that, if we had a private conversation, we'd agree on more things than not.  In which case, you might actually understand where I'm coming from instead of having to convince yourself of how evil I am.  Your blocking me and reading only nefarious intent into whatever I have to say only serves to distance you from the reality of the situation... which, in turn, feeds your ignorance on the matter.

I reiterate... I am not your enemy.

...Dres

faster horse.jpg

Ebbe Linden wrote:

I've just been busy. But I'm right here. What's up?

Open ended questions can be dangerous..................  ;)

But as long as you are here I have two.

1.  What is the status of the Wiki?  It has been several months now since anyone could do any edits, add information, etc, etc.  Why is it taking so long to get it fixed/reopened?  Or has there been a policy decision made to close it? 

2.  Is there someone assigned to watch over the Knowledge Base?  There is out dated information in it.  For instance I could point to a few pages that state there is NO educational/non-profit discount.  Fortunately we can append comments to those pages, but does someone see when comments are added so corrections can be made?

• Lindens

1. Wiki - a security issue forced us to disable editing for the time being. Updated software that fixes the vulnerability is being tested now and should make it out early next year so we can enable editing again. 

2. KB - we'll fix those mistakes. Please report any incorrect content using the Suggestion form (use the Documentation category) and we'll get on it. 

Ebbe Linden wrote:

1. Wiki - a security issue forced us to disable editing for the time being. Updated software that fixes the vulnerability is being tested now and should make it out early next year so we can enable editing again. 

2. KB - we'll fix those mistakes. Please report any incorrect content using the Suggestion form (use the Documentation category) and we'll get on it. 

TY  :)

ETA, someone must have been paying attention to this thread because both pages with the old info have now been updated before I could get arround to filing the  suggestion.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm bumping this thread, because it's almost two and a half years after the initial posts started showing up about this issue, and it's two years and a month since Linden Lab marked the JIRA issue related to this bug as resolved, and yet there has not been a period of time between then and now that the wiki has been open to users to contribute. Has Linden Lab completely abandoned the idea of user-contributed information for the metaverse? Or has this just been buried under so much time that it's been forgotten?

Would love to be able to contribute to more than just the hypertrophic mesh consumerist culture in-world. Please bring back the freedom to share. ♥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.