Books, Bucks, and Shame in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Hmmm yes. 

A somewhat inaccurate retelling of some of my exploits, manufactured for dramatic appeal, even pathos perhaps, by the author. I do hope my reputaiton has withstood his artifice.

Shall I tell you what the young whelp said to me as he gasped his last breath after feeling the full thrust of my blade?

Absolutely. And I'd love to hear how you are investing the film and publication residuals!

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."

- Clive Barker.

Ewwwwwwwww . . . !

:-(

Storm Clarence wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Shall I tell you what the young whelp said to me as he gasped his last breath after feeling the full thrust of my blade?

Ouch?

Should probably be all caps, no?

Depends on how big his blade.  No? 

That's a myth.

It's more about how he uses it.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

Ouch?

Should probably be all caps, no?

Depends on how big his blade.  No? 

That's a myth.

It's more about how he uses it.

I wasn't present, but Derek clearly wrote It was a full thrust. Imo, It merited an ouch.  You demand emphasis: OUCH!  I'm just not feeling it, Lassie. 

With a look of astonishment he said,"I have been a fool, my Liege." And as he slumped to his knees I fixed him with a steely glare and replied, "You should have the courtesy to thank me for the gift of self-awareness before your demise." Whereupon I placed my boot on his chest and withdrew my blade, and he fell in a heap into the mud.

I tossed my sword to my second, took a gulp of wine, and slapping him on the back with a grin we were off to my apartments to change out of my soiled finery. There was still time to make it to my meeting with Madame de Bourbon-Busset before her oafish husband returned from Rousillon.

Oh, my royalties? They are used to maintain a style of Life which befits me. My chateau, the apartments, my wardrobe etc etc. Also, there are the few charities I keep, to secure my place in the afterlife, but their gratitude can be quite tiresome so I rarely venture to see them myself leaving that mundane task to my underlings.

Oh! Do say hello to Eloise for me! It's been ages since I visited the Château de Busset!

Vous pouvez lui dire que je vais être très discret sur ce nouvel intérêt romantique. Et je ne dirai rien à Nicolas. Ni Pierre.

N'oubliez pas de lui apporter des fleurs. Elle aime les fleurs.

PS. Don't forget to wipe your épée. You don't want to muck up your scabbard.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.