Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

In December I took advantage of the half price sale to get a Premium account, but now I need to pay my bill (?) to keep my Premium membership. I changed from quarterly to annual but don't see how to pay LL. Will I get billed or do I need to find where to give them money to keep my Premium account active. I thought it would be easy to give them money, LOL, but I don't know what to do.

Can someone point me in the right direction, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to your Dashboard (surf to the top level secondlife.com site and login if needed)

On the left there will be Home, Account, Events, Shop, Land Manager.  Click the icon after Account to expand a list.

Towards the bottom of the list click Billing Information.

You should be able to add PayPal or a credit card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, but when I go there the only thing I can do I change payment method. I have PayPal already active in that section. What I can't find is how to make a payment to keep my account active. Do I need to wait for a bill from LL?

LOL, I really did not expect this to be complicated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you are premium since december you have to do nothing because you already have payment info given.

LL will send you a email to the adress you have given at subscription when they go billing your account.

When you didn't change anything they will take the money at the date they said in the email.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to have discontinued even sending the 'after' email; I did not receive any the last time. It used to be that you were notified both before AND after the payment was taken, but they first discontinued the advance notice and now, as I said, appear to have discontinued the post-payment notification as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:

They seem to have discontinued even sending the 'after' email; I did not receive any the last time. It used to be that you were notified both before AND after the payment was taken, but they first discontinued the advance notice and now, as I said, appear to have discontinued the post-payment notification as well. 

They did not discontinue it. I received the e-mail march 1st for my 3 quarter premium plan :)

If you're by chance use gmail, check the social networking sub folder as that's where it lands, while all other SL mails go straight into my normal inbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites


iCade wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:

They seem to have discontinued even sending the 'after' email; I did not receive any the last time. It used to be that you were notified both before AND after the payment was taken, but they first discontinued the advance notice and now, as I said, appear to have discontinued the post-payment notification as well. 

They did not discontinue it. I received the e-mail march 1st for my 3 quarter premium plan
:)

If you're by chance use gmail, check the social networking sub folder as that's where it lands, while all other SL mails go straight into my normal inbox.

It must be hit or miss on this.  Since going premium / buying land about a year ago I've never recieved one.  And I do periodically check my Spam Folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites


iCade wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:

They seem to have discontinued even sending the 'after' email; I did not receive any the last time. It used to be that you were notified both before AND after the payment was taken, but they first discontinued the advance notice and now, as I said, appear to have discontinued the post-payment notification as well. 

They did not discontinue it. I received the e-mail march 1st for my 3 quarter premium plan
:)

If you're by chance use gmail, check the social networking sub folder as that's where it lands, while all other SL mails go straight into my normal inbox.

 

They're not going to Spam. I don't use gmail for my avatar email account but I get a ton of IM's and other things that go to Spam so I check it all the time. Interesting that you're still getting the notices, though. Several others have mentioned that they no longer get them.

I wonder if there's a new 'send me email notices' box that needs to be checked. I'll have to snoop around the Accounts section of my dashboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm very strange then, I signed up for the quarterly premium plan in the middle of last year during one of their promotions, and have purchased my mainland plot on november 1st of last year. I've contineously and on time received the e-mails. 

I can't say I ticked or unticked anything that would have them send me mails as opposed to not when signing up for premium x3
It does seem to be a hit and miss then.

Link to post
Share on other sites


iCade wrote:

Hmm very strange then, I signed up for the quarterly premium plan in the middle of last year during one of their promotions, and have purchased my mainland plot on november 1st of last year. I've contineously and on time received the e-mails. 

I can't say I ticked or unticked anything that would have them send me mails as opposed to not when signing up for premium x3

It does seem to be a hit and miss then.

 

Hmm. Maybe that's a clue. When I started I was on quarterly billing, too. It wasn't all that long ago that I decided to go yearly for the savings. I wonder if for some reason the notices are sent for quarterly billing cycles but not for yearly. Next time we get a survey taker here I'll task them with surveying for that factor:

Is your premium account monthly, quarterly, or yearly?

Do you get emails telling you your payment method will be/has been used to pay your premium fee?

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...