They have a tracking HUD ,used by spies and readily available on MP

Myfanwy Acer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Continuation of http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Abuse-and-Griefing/I-complained-of-being-spies-on-I-got-no-good-answer/qaq-p/2535988

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

As I said in my earlier response, and as Innula told you in the thread before that, tracking devices will not work unless you are wearing a scripted item that can report your position.  If you suspect that you are being tracked, detach everything that you are wearing and then only attach items that you are confident are free of suspicious scripts. If you think that someone has planted a repeater nearby that is monitoring your chat, use only IM until you have searched and found the repeater.

• Like 4

One more time.

There is no device that can remotely track your location, unless you and the device are in the same region. 

Since we've told you this several times now, and you don't seem to want to believe it, I just now went to the Marketplace and researched every result given for "Tracker HUD."  In every single case, these devices made NO claims for being able to track someone outside of the region the HUD is in, except by the use of "chat spy" objects, which could be placed in other regions or could be put into an object that you give to your target and trick them into wearing.

Some viewers have radars with ranges that extend beyond a region's borders.  With my Firestorm viewer, I can detect the presence of avatars up to 1500 meters or so distant from me, and if I set my draw distance high enough, I can move my camera to them.  You can defeat this sort of thing when you are on your own land by going to About Land/Options and unchecking the box allowing avatars outside your parcel to see avatars inside your parcel...but this means that you can't see them, either.

I bet the griefers are the ones who told you they could "track you anywhere," didn't they?  Who are you going to believe, them or us?  Remember, we're the ones on your side.  They're the ones trying to convince you that they are omnipotent and that there's nothing you can do.  Don't believe them.

Who is telling you this??  Report them...dont put up with that....reoprt them in FULL converstations in FULL

make sure each thing is detailed...

report them for harassment > verbalthreats

report them for other

Report them For scam

Report them for impeadment of movement-- their threats are trying to impead your movement or enjoyment of SL

Report them for every thing else but make your description consistant for what ou are reporting them about....

DONT PUT UP WITH ANY HARASSMENT!!- NONE --- if you give in to fear---- they win

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.