I complained of being spies on,I got no good answer

Myfanwy Acer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have complained before about being spied on,.there is a group of spies with huds that can track anyone.they see people cheating etc.someone knows my every move and it is distressing,one spy is named Selena cutey,not sure if that is correct.but my I m chats are recorded,please help and tell me how to stop this.
They have a tracking HUD ,available on SL Market place

5 answers to this question

Innula gave you the best response when you asked this question last time, and there's really no way to improve on what she said.  A scripted tracker relies on some item that you are wearing, so if you have removed everything and not found anything suspicious, you are most likely being tracked by someone with normal RL tracking skills who is simply watching for you at familiatr places.  If someone is relaying your chat with a repeater, that will be harder to detect unless you want to go to all the trouble of using beacons to locate all nearby scripted objects.  Even then, unless they are your own objects it will be hard to tell which one may be listening.

• Like 2

OK, let's take this in order.

ONE:  Yes, you complained before.  As you were told at that time, the proper way to continue a discussion in Answers is NOT to begin a new thread.  If you wish to add to your original post, click the Options/Edit button in the upper right corner.

TWO:  There is no such thing as a "Tracker HUD", I don't care WHAT the claims for it are or its advertising on the Marketplace.  There are only three ways to "track" a person in SL, and any device or person must use one or more of these methods.  They are:

1. Knowing the habits of the target person.  One can visit, or place spy devices, in regions the target frequents, thus learning where they are.  Similarly, one can monitor groups the target person belongs to, and thus discover when they are on line.
  2. Using a scripted attachment or spy object.  An object you wear, or an object placed on land you often go to, can tell its owner that you are there.  If you wear a slave collar, and have enabled RLV functions (available in a third party viewer), anyone you have given owner status will have this ability to know when you are on line and where you are.  Remove the collar and disable RLV in preferences.  And, as you've been told, remove all OTHER suspicious attachments and look for spy devices on land where you are often present.
  3. Using an alt or a friend to betray you.  Someone you know, on your friends list, may be an alt of the spy, or a friend of theirs.

There are also IP recording devices.  These don't actually "track" you, but they do attempt to determine who is whose alt by comparing IP addresses.  They throw both false positives and false negatives, and using the information to "reveal someone's alt" is a major violation of the Terms of Service.

The way to deal with annoying people is to Mute them, and Abuse Report them if they violate the TOS.  Keep doing this each time you are harrassed, and do it to every alt that harasses you, too.  If you own land, ban your enemies every time they show up with a new alt.  And above all, DO NOT do anything else to respond to them.  Don't speak to them, don't acknowledge their existence.  KEEP ON muting, banning, reporting, and ignoring until they get tired and go away.

If you simply can't stand it any more, give up and make an alt.  Be sure not to do anything that links you to the old person...different friends, different groups, different hangouts.  Then get on with your Second Life.

I'm sorry if these answers don't suit you, but they are the correct answsers, and the ones you'll get if you ask the question yet again.

• Like 3

Hi Myfanwy,

Let me reword the title of your question to more accurately reflect the reality as I see it.

"I complained of being spied on by imaginary means, I got no affirmation".

The reason you got no affirmation is that the spying you imagine is... imagined. There are no mechanisms by which "spies" can know everything you do in SL, unless you cooperate with them. But then it's not spying, is it?

The capabilities, or lack thereof, of tracking HUDs have been explained to you. If you do not like those explanation, do not come back here and complain again. You will not get different explanations.

The best way to stop imagined spying is, I'm afraid, probably not easy.

You must stop imagining it.

• Like 2

OK OK...Listen Do what i say.......

* First take a deep breath 

^Now you dont need to RUN from these people or hide nothing.....dont  give them that power.....if you do that -- they WIN

*Stand up for your self in this way >>>>> take OFF everything off your avi >>GO BACK TO DEFAULT NOOB if you have to for starters

*Wear some new things >>>recreate your avatar from scratch >>> AO included EVEN YOUR EYES

*Wear NOTHING any one has ever given you---start ALL OVER (it might do you some good)   and i have done the same and made my avi better!

*DELETE ALL OLD GROUPS ALL OF THEM  (except the paid ones)

*HIDE ALL GROUPS (to do this clickon your avi) >>> a pie menu will come up >>>then you will see groups (make sure u clicked on the skin of the avi NOT the clothes) after that you wil see them in a list>>>.then you will see a  "I" I con click on that....in the GENERAL section you will see a SHOW IN MY PROFILE>>> UNCHECK IT and click SAVE

*Change your places that you go to or frequent ...you will find that SL has a lot of nice places to go to

* get your own land or parcel and make a group andmake it group ONLY >> tell the manager what is going on and they will ban those people from ever entering

*get new GROUPS and HIDE them too and when you travel always were the NONE tag

*After that you might want to change your settings as well.....so that ONLY  friends can see you ONLINE TO DO THIS go to preferences (control +P) an din firestorm viewer....then to PRIVACY.... UNCLICK "punlish my name in search listings" AND  CLICK ON....."ONLY FRIENDS and GROUPS can know when I am online"

*MUTE THESE PEOPLE---dot waste your time one people that has NO consideration for you at all....if you dont give them any attention.....they will move on

*however---Note card all this so when uget a parcel you can BAN them later and even if u move you can ban them again and DOCUMENT this...i note cards

PERSONAL ADVICE----- STAND your ground....SMILE OFTEN...they hate to see you happy...they hate to see you enjoy SL at all...people can me miserable species at times and you kinda have to feel so sorry for them for they are acting like little kids......

MAKE new friends....

HUGS i hope this helps

♥ Lishajoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.