i have not been able to hear second life voice in my earphones

Felicita Nayl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can hear people talking on mic in my speakers but i cant hear when people get on mic in my ear phones even if i have them pluged in the sound is coming out of the speakers HELP!  DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD SECONDLIFE VIEWER 2? or what? i reunstalled secondlife phoenix viewer and it didnt work! my earphones are not usb im on a laptop

3 answers to this question

Hi Felicita,

This doesn't sound like a viewer issue. I'll guess you are on a Windows PC (as most SL users are), so I'm going to have to guess. If you have analog headphones, I wonder if they're properly plugged in. Many computer speakers plug into the computer's headphone jack. You may have to unplug the speaker cable to make room for the headphone cable. If the headphones are plugge into a jack on the speakers make sure they're plugged into the headphone jack. Some speakers have two connections, one for headphones and one for the audio output of an iPod type device.

If your headphones are USB, you'll need to find the sound control panel under Windows and tell your computer that you want the sound to go to the headphones and not to the speakers.

If this advice doesn't help, come back and edit your question (via "Options" over there on the right) to give us more information.

Good luck!

ETA: Your laptop should automatically detect insertion of the headphone cable and switch the audio to them from the internal speakers. This would be true for any audio, not just SL. If that's not happening, then either your laptop doesn't detect headphones, that ability is broken, or the headphones are plugged into the microphone jack. If the headphones are plugged in correctly, you may still have to go to a control panel somewhere to tell the laptop to send the sound to them. You may have to consult the user's guide for the laptop.

• Like 4

Felicita Nayl wrote:

[ ..../ ] i reunstalled secondlife phoenix viewer and it didnt work! my earphones are not usb im on a laptop

If you really installed the Phoenix viewer, you may have other performance problems as well.  That viewer was obsolete over a year ago.  You should be using Firestorm, Linden Lab's V3, or another current viewer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.