what is the most common texture elevation settings

Ailley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

where do i find the most common or the default texture elevation settings for progression from dirt as shorline to snow capped mountains at the highest level. I change the elevation settings and nothing seems to change. I plugged in my old settings and the exact textures of the previous sim, however, the lands appears to be soley the lowest level consumes the sim. I need that lowest level at the shoreline only.

2 answers to this question

where do i find the most common or the default texture elevation settings for progression from dirt as shorline to snow capped mountains at the highest level. I change the elevation settings and nothing seems to change. I plugged in my old settings and the exact textures of the previous sim, however, the lands appears to be soley the lowest level consumes the sim. I need that lowest level at the shoreline only.

Here is the best discussion I have ever seen of how terrain textures are applied in Second Life >>>>  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Creating_Terrain_Textures

As you will see, there is no simple answer to your question, because everything depends on the range of elevations on your sim and exactly how you have set the parameters.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.