RLV Relay communications.

ToriBlack77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. Have few questions about RLV i didnt get by myself.

1 - How to communicate on long distances? i know to communicate with Relay you need to send message on Relay channel. But longest distantion is 256meters with llRegionSay. Is there any other way to communicate/send Relay commands?

2 - the 1st question i ask cause have problem, when man TP in my RLV zone, he restricted to TP out, only way is use SitTeleproter. But when use this teleporter and left RLV zone restrictions stay... cause function - collision_end are fail because of distance(more 500m) and cant return ability to TP, run, fly, etc... Is there any way to solve it? When left zone release all restrictions? RLV zone looks pretty simple, walk in, and restricted(collision start), walk out and released(collision end). But this bug with SitTeleporter fail all for me... when sit on it, you TP so fast that collision_end no time to send Relay command release restrictions....

3 - to remove restrictions, im using same command like im used to give restrictions, but change all @fly=n|@temprun=n to @fly=y|@temprun=y. i think im doing wrong, cause even to release it asking permission. on RLV toys i never notice for they ask permission to release, only to restrict. 

Thank you ^.^

Hello. Have few questions about RLV i didnt get by myself.

1 - How to communicate on long distances? i know to communicate with Relay you need to send message on Relay channel. But longest distantion is 256meters with llRegionSay. Is there any other way to communicate/send Relay commands?

2 - the 1st question i ask cause have problem, when man TP in my RLV zone, he restricted to TP out, only way is use SitTeleproter. But when use this teleporter and left RLV zone restrictions stay... cause function - collision_end are fail because of distance(more 500m) and cant return ability to TP, run, fly, etc... Is there any way to solve it? When left zone release all restrictions? RLV zone looks pretty simple, walk in, and restricted(collision start), walk out and released(collision end). But this bug with SitTeleporter fail all for me... when sit on it, you TP so fast that collision_end no time to send Relay command release restrictions....

3 - to remove restrictions, im using same command like im used to give restrictions, but change all @fly=n|@temprun=n to @fly=y|@temprun=y. i think im doing wrong, cause even to release it asking permission. on RLV toys i never notice for they ask permission to release, only to restrict. 

Thank you ^.^

1)  Standard Relays listen on a specific channel.  So any communication to them has to be able to 'speak' on that channel.  llRegionSay() and llRegionSayTo() are the longest reaching mechanisms for doing that.  Sending them over email or http isn't standard (but some relays may provide extensions.)

2)  I'm not clear on your question.  If they exit via a teleporteer, the teleporter needs to tell the controlling object to clear restrictions and then get a response back before the teleport is performed.

3)  It's better to use @clear to remove all restrictions.  And a relay will never ask permission to remove restrictions, as once it has permission to control the viewer, it has control until all of it's restrictions have been cleared (at which point any relay command from the object are gone, and a new command will re-request permissions again.

• Like 1

Great, thank you Helium :) Now i get i think, and my fail is i used different objects to give and release restrictions, its stupid i realize it, but my head was mess to that time. And other my fail was - i thought llRegionSayTo working only 256m, but actually it working for all sim, looks like, i tested only a parcel and it working. So, will work on it :) And didnt knew about @clear, need to read specifications more careful.

Thank you Helium for help. So far no more questions, need to test all, mmmmm ^.^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.