why do I get "Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer"?

yokai Rumble

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Yesterday everything was fine and today i get this. I dont think i've done aneything wrong and i havent recived aney warning. Can somebody pls help me with an answer about the steps i have to take in this situation?

Thank you in advance.

This error generally appears when you are blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe this is a mistake is better you open a Ticket via the Support Portal. They will tell you why your computer or your IP is banned from Second Life.

Raul has given you the standard answer, which unfortunately is usually also the correct one.  There are times, however, when SL's server will incorrectly match a user's IP address with one that has been banned.  It could happen, for example, if your router assigns a dynamic IP address.  Try rebooting your router and modem three or four times to see if that clears the problem.  Just unplug them from the power for several minutes, then restart your computer.  If that doesn't work, then follow Raul's advice and submit a support ticket or contact Live Chat.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.