Greyed out Region map due to sim surround, was this ever addressed/fixed?

Rune Greenwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just curious, I know that sim surrounds due to mega prims cause the region map to be blank/greyed out. Was there ever a work around made for this or is this still a problem? I just ask because I'm tempted to get land again and I like using a surround but I would still like to be able to see the land on the region map... am I S.O.L. or? lol thanks in advance :) 

5 answers to this question

oh I know it's how SL works lol I was just hoping someone might have come out with some kind of work arround that would still allow a surround to be used and still be able to see the Map without it greying out, Thank you though :) gonna live it up for a bit longer but I was assuming this would be the answer anyway ((if anyone else has any further info please let me know))

Sorry for the delay.
To change mini-map colours you'll need the file ..\[second Life Installation]\skins\default\colors.xml (where .. is the logical path to your Second Life installation and with your viewer's name in place of [second Life Installation]). Open this file in notepad, gedit or other simple text editors.

Approx. 70% of the way down you'll see this:-

<color      name="NetMapYouOwnAboveWater"      value="0 1 1 1" />  <color      name="NetMapYouOwnBelowWater"      value="0 0.78 0.78 1" />

If your sim surrounds pivot point is above water, edit the value for NetMapYouOwnAboveWater, otherwise change the value in the BelowWater value.

NOTES:
- The value is in order RGBA (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) - each of the four values has a range of 0.0 (0) to 1.0 (255). For example, you can make all objects transparent using 'value=1 1 1 0'
- To prevent this affecting more objects than you need, you might also consider setting the sim surround to Deeded Group ownership - this would allow you to use the attributes: NetMapGroupOwnAboveWater and NetMapGroupOwnBelowWater. These can be found just above the attributes given in my example, within the same file. There are ramifications of deeding objects to group, so consider these first.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.