can someone check out the specs on this computer for me?

Randi Thistle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

can I play second life using SL and firestorm? at high settings?

Back to CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop (Black/Blue)
About this item
Product Description

Shop the Windows Store for the full selection of Windows 8 PCs
Amazon.com
Product Description
From the Manufacturer

Gamer Ultra GUA880
The CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra GUA880.
Performance at a tremendous value. Ready to handle all your computing needs.
The Gamer Ultra GUA880 ready to rumble. Play games. Watch HD video. Browse the internet. This machine is a multi-purpose masterpiece.

Performance
Need processing power? Armed with the powerful AMD Vishera FX-4300 processor, you've got four cores and a maximum 4.0GHz of speed ready to go when you need it. Combined with a NVIDIA GT 610 1GB discreet graphics card and 8GB of ultra-fast DDR3 RAM, the Gamer Ultra GUA880 has got the performance for all your computing needs.

Style
The Gamer Ultra GUA880 looks as good as it performs. It comes in a classy mid tower gaming chassis in a stunning black and blue color scheme ready to leave your enemies black and blue.

Feature Packed
With the installed 1TB SATA III 7200RPM hard drive, you'll have all the space you need to save your media and applications. The 24x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Super-Multi Drive will allow you to read and burn DVD and CD media. The Gamer Ultra GUA880 also includes a gaming keyboard and mouse to ensure you'll be able to play at your absolute best.

Includes 24x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Super-Multi Drive

Modern and Sleek Mid Tower Gaming Chassis

Included Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

Windows 7 Home Premium Installed
Main Specifications
Unit Dimensions 19.6" x 7.5" x 16.8" ( D x W x H )
Shipping Dimensions 25" x 12.5" x 21.5" ( D x W x H )
Unit Weight 32 lbs
Shipping Weight 35 lbs
Chassis CoolerMaster Elite 431 Black / Blue Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Processor AMD FX-4300 Vishera / 3.8GHz (Max 4.0GHz)
Socket Socket AM3+
Cache Memory 4MB L2 Cache
Motherboard Chipset AMD 760G Chipset
Expansion Bays Total (Free)
3 ( 2 ) x External - 5.25"
2 ( 2 ) x External - 3.5"
5 ( 4 ) x Internal - 3.5"
Expansion Slots Total (Free)
1 ( 0 ) x PCI Express x16
1 ( 1 ) x PCI Express x1
1 ( 1 ) x PCI
2 ( 0 ) x DIM 240-pin
Interfaces
1 x PS/2 keyboard port
1 x PS/2 mouse port
7 x USB 2.0 ports (3 front 4 rear)
1 x LAN RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
RAM 8GB DDR3 SDRAM / 16GB (Max)
Hard Drive 1TB - SATA III - 7200 rpm
Optical Drive 24x DVD±RW Dual-Layer Super-Multi Drive
Graphics Card NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 1GB - PCI Express x 16
Digital Video Standards DVI / HDMI / VGA
Power Supply 500 Watts
Audio Output Integrated - High Definition 5.1 Channel Audio
Networking Integrated - 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Accessories Included USB Gaming Keyboard & Mouse / Driver Discs / Power Cord
Operating System Provided Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
Country of Origin United States of America
Manufactacturer Warranty
1 Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support Services
Technical Support E-mail: techteam@cyberpowerpc.com
Technical Support Hotline: (888) 937-5582

Key Features

AMD FX Processor
At the heart of the Gamer Ultra GUA880 is the powerful AMD FX-4300 processor. This quad core processor has a max frequency of 4.0GHz, giving this computer the processing power needed for HD video playback, gaming, or any other system intensive tasks.

NVIDIA GeForce GT610 1GB Graphics Card
The Gamer Ultra GUA 880 features the NVIDIA GeForce GT610 1GB PCI Express Graphics card. With efficiency and technology in a single package, the GeForce GT610 is ready for gaming and HD video playback. It is dual monitor capable so you can maximize your screen space.

1 TB Hard Drive
Got a lot of files? With the Gamer Ultra GUA880, you've got plenty of space for all your stuff. This system comes equipped with a 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s interface hard drive. This drive ensures you can save all your movies, photos, music, and applications with ease.

8GB DDR3 RAM
Having enough system memory is crucial to ensure your system doesn't get bottlenecked. The Gamer Ultra GUA880 comes with 8GB of RAM to ensure you can multitask and run memory critical applications with ease.

*edit*

ok thanks. i'm in no way technical so pardon this noob question....but is it possible to upgrade this particular computer with one of the graphics card you guys mentioned? i kind of knew in my heart it would be the graphics card hemming me up. most of the other specs looked better than most i've looked at. i'm thinking i could get this one, save another 200 bucks for a graphics card. OR is it way more complicated and there's other stuff i'd have to replace. Thanks 4 your time

3 answers to this question

The weak point in this system is its graphics card.  The NVIDA GeForce 610 is a fairly low powered card, and will probably let you use SL on Low or Medium settings.

For running on High graphics settings, look for a system which has an NVIDIA GeForce card with the LAST two digits 50 or higher, like the GTX 450, GTX 670, GTX 760, etc.  My current card is a GTX 670, and I'm very happy with it.

AMD/ATI Radeon cards will run SL very well too, but they tend to have more problems with it than the NVIDIA cards.

For a frequently-updated comparison chart of graphic cards, check this out:  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

• Like 1

Lindal's right, Randi. The graphics adapter in that PC is a bit weak for SL.

Here's another web page that gives rough estimates of graphics horsepower for various cards. You can type in the name of the card and it'll take you to the benchmark numbers. Higher is better...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

You'll see that the AMD GEFORCE GT 610 in your proposed PC scores 348, and the NVIDIA GTX 670 in Lindal's scores 5380. Those numbers are not exactly indicative of SL performance, but they're helpful nonetheless. And of course, faster graphics cards cost more money and consume more power, so selecting a PC with a whizzy graphics card can quickly blow the budget.

That site also has comparison charts for various performance ranges, similar to the link Lindal provided. You may find those helpful...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net

Good luck in your hunt, Randi.

• Like 1

Any graphics card should have 2 GB, on high settings mine shows that the average use of the graphics memory is more than 1.1 GB. A soon you open some other stuff, 1 GB is much to low. And I am sure you will be tempted to use Shadows or at least the advanced lighting model sooner or later, because more and more builds take advantages of it :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.