Setting AO priorities

Aislin Ceawlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

An animation? Prior to uploading it to the Second Life Asset Server.

Once uploaded, the priority of the animation asset is fixed. Re-upload must be done to produce a different priority.

It's not possible to configure animation priority within a scripted animation override (AO) or within the viewer interface after upload, regardless of permissions or ownership.

As I understand it (though I'm no expert), the prority is set within each of the individual animations and not the AO itself... so the prority cannot be set in the AO.

Whether an individual animation being mod is enough to let you change its prority, I wouldn't know.

EDIT: Freya just answered that!

As a side note, I have found that there are plenty of animations (mostly of the free variety but not all) that were uploaded with "incorrect" priorities. So for example you need to turn your AO off (hud or integrated) in order for them to work. There are also some AOs that have priority 4 (highest) settings so that furniture will not work (even those with Priority 4 settings) without turning off your AO.

THEN there is that odd thing when you look fine to yourself and other folks see you in the middle of the chair. Still not sure how that comes about. :D

Some animation shops tell you what priority the pose or animation is set at. Not many that I have found though.

• 5 years later...
On 10/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, Winterharte said:

Does it work with furniture?  I really need that.

99% of furniture in SL will run it's own animations.

I have made a script to have a piece of furniture use your sit animations. This DOES mean that it has no awareness of how high or low your sit animation hovers you...

Place this into an unscripted piece of furniture then adjust the values in the llSitTarget and LLEuler2Rot lines...

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_SIT);
        llSetSitText("Buckle Up");
        llSitTarget(<0.0, 0.3, 0.52>, llEuler2Rot(<0,0,90>*DEG_TO_RAD));  //HFR, HFF, HFU
        // HFS , HFB, HFU 
        llSetCameraEyeOffset(<0.0, 0.0, 0>);
        llSetCameraAtOffset(<0.0, 0.0, 0.0>);
    }
    changed(integer change)
    {
        if (CHANGED_LINK)
        {
            key agent = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if(agent != NULL_KEY)
            {
                if (agent)
                {
                }
                else
                {
                    llUnSit(agent);
                }
            }
        }
    }

touch_start(integer times)
    {
                    key agent = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            if(agent != NULL_KEY)
            {
                    llUnSit(agent);
            }
    }

}

Other than that - furniture will always use the animations built into it rather than your own.

You CAN also add your animations to a piece a scripted furniture using it's system... and for an advanced user the AVSitter furniture system is open source: https://avsitter.github.io/
- Most furniture in SL uses this system.

On 3/5/2014 at 11:56 AM, Chic Aeon said:

THEN there is that odd thing when you look fine to yourself and other folks see you in the middle of the chair. Still not sure how that comes about. :D

This is one of those time-issue things... If they are looking away, you are out of their field of view, when you sit or whatever animation starts the position information doesn't get sent to them. When they look at you later the animation ID is given to them and they see the animation or pose. But, without the position info, things just aren't right.

They can resolve the problem by right-clicking you and selecting reset animations. Sometimes pressing Ctrl-S (animation resync) will do the trick.

So, obviously your need to dress so they NEVER take their eyes off you... 😎

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.