My avatar keeps moving a couple steps by itself after I stop walking (not being griefed)

Aldrich Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had noticed it the past couple days occasionally and I had chalked it up to lag but it couldn't possibly be. My FPS is consistantly in the 90-100 range. I've tried relogging, detaching all my attachments, clearing my cache, I've tried other viewers and even my other avatars and the problem persists. It's like there are keys being pressed to make him move except the camera doesn't swing to follow beind me like I'm moving the arrow keys. It's more like being pushed. It happens in other regions as well. I'll walk around a little bit, stop for a few seconds and my avi will take a few steps to the side or forward or sometimes back. It doesn't seem to matter which direction I go or which way I move and sometimes I even see him jerking like it happens while I'm moving, too. When you double-tap forward you run and while walking around trying to get to the bottom of this madness, my avi started running like I had double-tapped forward even though my finger never left the key.

I really need help with this. Normally I wouldn't even care in a game like this except that I use a combat system where percise movements are imperative and I need this resolved. Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

Frequently this happens when you are losing IP packets. If Avatar positioning information was in a lost packet you will get a skip like this until another IP packet with more current positioning information is received and processed.

For the ultimate in combat performance make sure the Ethernet cable connecting your PC to your Router is in perfect condition. Also make sure that your Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware software is not inspecting incoming & outgoing IP packets.

• Like 2

Hi there.... ^^; I just started experiencing this issue only today and I've tried detaching everything, changing viewers, and even asking someone else on a different computer to log in as me to see if we can resolve the issue, and nothing changed.... I still take a step forward every second or so. x_x I tried an alternate account to see if it was happening on that account as well, but my other account isn't doing it at all.  I'm so confused...!  Can some sort of object I wore previously cause a persistent push on me even after it's detached possibly?  It's all I can think of!

Hi, I was having this problem for about 1 month, I researched a lot and did not find anything that would solve, uninstalled, installed, changed several configurations, cleared cache and nothing !!! I was almost giving up on solving it until I thought it was something that I had changed when I tried to adapt to Singularity View, I do not deny that I changed some settings there and when I returned to Firetorm (I did not like using Singularity) this problem appeared . But I managed to solve:

Preferences> Advanced> Reset All Settings

It will delete all your personal settings, including the input keys, the Firestorm will return to be "factory". I had to personalize everything again, but it was worth it, I went back to walking normally, without tumbling and pushing.
:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.