Aldrich Lionheart

My avatar keeps moving a couple steps by itself after I stop walking (not being griefed)

Question

Frequently this happens when you are losing IP packets. If Avatar positioning information was in a lost packet you will get a skip like this until another IP packet with more current positioning information is received and processed.

For the ultimate in combat performance make sure the Ethernet cable connecting your PC to your Router is in perfect condition. Also make sure that your Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware software is not inspecting incoming & outgoing IP packets.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Frequently this happens when you are losing IP packets. If Avatar positioning information was in a lost packet you will get a skip like this until another IP packet with more current positioning information is received and processed.

For the ultimate in combat performance make sure the Ethernet cable connecting your PC to your Router is in perfect condition. Also make sure that your Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware software is not inspecting incoming & outgoing IP packets.

• Like 2

if u use firestorm, try to click on in programist menu (ctr + Q)  the button "Relase Keys". I had this problem many times, i tryied everything (clering caches, reset my avi, itnernet, computer, reinstal my viewer)  and only this helps me move. Hugz

• Like 1

Hi there.... ^^; I just started experiencing this issue only today and I've tried detaching everything, changing viewers, and even asking someone else on a different computer to log in as me to see if we can resolve the issue, and nothing changed.... I still take a step forward every second or so. x_x I tried an alternate account to see if it was happening on that account as well, but my other account isn't doing it at all.  I'm so confused...!  Can some sort of object I wore previously cause a persistent push on me even after it's detached possibly?  It's all I can think of!

Hi, I was having this problem for about 1 month, I researched a lot and did not find anything that would solve, uninstalled, installed, changed several configurations, cleared cache and nothing !!! I was almost giving up on solving it until I thought it was something that I had changed when I tried to adapt to Singularity View, I do not deny that I changed some settings there and when I returned to Firetorm (I did not like using Singularity) this problem appeared . But I managed to solve:

Preferences> Advanced> Reset All Settings

It will delete all your personal settings, including the input keys, the Firestorm will return to be "factory". I had to personalize everything again, but it was worth it, I went back to walking normally, without tumbling and pushing.
:)