Why is the SL Marketplace SOOOOO SLOW??? No mention of it in the Grid Status, either.

VictoriaJuliette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Thanks, Rolig; you know, I'm not a "premium" member but spend plenty of my RL dollars in SL; it would be profoundly refreshing for LL to get involved in this forum. I don't know how thinly stretched (or not) their resources are, but still... no one likes feeling ignored, or unimportant.

• Like 1

@Victoria -- I agree, but it's not going to happen. There are two ways to think about it. First, Linden Lab does not have the staff to watch over a forum like this. For whatever reason, they have decided to put their resources into development and techies instead of using staff or contractors here. If there's even a chance that that means they are spending more time keeping the infrastructure afloat, I think it's probably a good decision. The other way to think about it is to look at who IS answering questions here. The dozen or so of us who respond regularly have each been in world for several years and have practical experience with many of the problems people ask about. I doubt that LL has many staff members (and certainly not contractors) who can say that. Not only that, but WE are free to offer whatever advice seems appropriate, even if it is critical of LL or points residents toward third-party products. Like you, I do wish that there were better ways to pass suggestions up the pipeline and get answers to some truly knotty problems back down it occasionally. On balance, though, I think SL residents get a better deal with us than they would with LL staff.

• Like 1

Oh please don't mistake me as being ungrateful for the help available from the SL community here, not at all; in fact I'm grateful for it. It'd be nice to see a Linden log in and add his/her two cents sometimes, particularly on the most mystifying and troublesome of issues that seem to affect the most people.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree. That's not the way I took your response. There was a time, maybe three years ago, when we would occasionally see Lexie Linden here, or one of us could poke her to get a reality check before we said something whacko. I miss that. I'm just saying that SL residents (and LL too, I suspect) get a better deal 99% of the time -- more reliable service at a low, low price (free!) --- than if LL paid staff to watch over Answers.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.