How do I verify my age so I can go to mature sims?

SweetMaryBlueEyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Your age was verified when you put your correct birthdate into the registration form as you signed up for a SL account.  All you need to do now is indicate your maturity preference.  If your RL age is over 18, you may choose a General, Moderate, or Adult preference.  You need to do it in three places:

1.  In Preferences >>> General to allow access to Adult-level areas in world

2. In the upper left corner of your Search window, to allow you to search for places that are rated above General

3.  In the pulldown menu at the top of Marketplace, to allow you to view and purchase Moderate and Adult rated items

Also note that even when you have indicated an Adult preference, many Adult-rated areas will still block you from entering if you have been in SL for less than a month.  It's nothing personal.  They are just trying to keep out griefers, many of whom get bored or banned before they are 30 days old.

• Like 1

You entered your birth date when you first registered for Second Life.  You don't need to do anything further to verify your age, and if you are 18 or older you can go to Moderate and Adult areas.

But you DO have to set your access preferences.  You do this in three places.

1. In Me/Preferences, in the General tab
  2. In Search
  3. In the Second Life Marketplace on this web site

Note that a lot of Adult venues won't let you in, until your avatar is at least 30 days old.  This is not a personal attack on you, but a security measure the venue owner has put in place to cut down on the number of griefers and troublemakers.  People of this sort generally have very new avatars.

I will add an additional caution.  If you are NOT 18 or older, PLEASE don't lie about your age to get around the limitations.  You WILL be found out, and when you are, you'll get permanently banned from SL.  And depending on how things happen, you could get in a lot more trouble than that.  "Grounded for life" doesn't even begin to cover it.  You could find yourself at the center of an actual legal situation and court appearances.

As a mother, I can say for sure that I would not want MY kids (back when they WERE kids!) wandering around the adult areas of SL.

• Like 1

and just in case you didn't follow the previous posters instructions...

Since you registered with your real life information and birth date, all you need to do that is age related is to make sure you have selected the level of information you are willing to see in all these locations:

1) In the Viewer General Tab [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

2) In the Viewer [Ctr'-M] World Map Events: [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

3) In the in-world Search Window - Perform any search then check the desired viewing levels in the upper left area of the search window - [ G ] [ M ] [ A ]

4) In the MarketPlace click on the Show maturity levels Down Arrow and select the desired viewing options phrase. {Note: I find it interesting that you can select Adult Only as one of the options here}

Additional Note: Do understand that many Adult venues may also impose a "How Long Has the Avatar Been Created" restriction. This is to keep out griefers and in some cases, new persons [ noobies ] from these areas.

Carry on and have fun! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.